New Dive Rite Hurricane Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirkadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just a curiosity question..... Why does the first stage on the new Hurricane Reg not have the swivel feature? I'm diving this reg as my primary for my tech rig so it's not a real issue since I either just have the reg hose or reg hose + dry suit hose on it. Again, just out of curiosity.

The swivels are not always welcome. They are a PITA on my doubles. Some also see the swivel as a failure point.

I use that reg for most of my diving as do a good many of my customers. I don't really miss the swivel at all, and the hose layout is pretty good as is.

Brent

Dirkadiver:
Just a curiosity question..... Why does the first stage on the new Hurricane Reg not have the swivel feature?..................Again, just out of curiosity.

The Hurricane first stage was brought on line to be a smaller option to the RG2500 which does have a swivel, that some people do not like. As mentioned, some say the swivel is a failure point; to this I say I have NEVER seen a swivel fail (even non-maintained ones) in my 20 years of diving. Of my primary regs at least one has always been a model with a swiveling LP turret.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom