DUI CNse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbfin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone own or have first hand experience with the DUI CNse? It was rated "Leader of the Pack" and the overall favorite drysuit in Rodale's Apr. 02 article on drysuits under a grand. Problem is that the only people I have talked to have been dealers and they immediately steer me towards the $1,400-2,000 suits.

Is there anything special or just an over all how did I like it?

Hallmac

Basically, the overall how do/did you like it? From what I understand, uses the same Si valves as the upper end suits. The outer layer of nylon should be fairly durable and the 'compressed' neoprene should be slightly warmer than a shell. It fits my price range and I am looking for any drawbacks.

It was a good entry level suit!

Mine had the rubber boots instead of the vibram soles or the rock boots. It also did not fit my build as well as the custom suit. At the time they only came in stock production sizes which never fit correctly. Lots of loose air pockets and bagginess where I did not want them. Quality was good. Functioned as well as I could expect with above isssues.

Dui has always stood behind their equipment. It does dry slow so plan on transporting a wet suit home and having to dry it there. ( not much difference than a wet suit.

It is just a bit warmer than the shell suits but not enough to count out the TLS. As a side note if you need the under garments the Tls has a sport option that includes 300g under garments.

what else can answer for you?

Hallmac

Are there any other entry-level suits that you would rate above the CNse? The TLS is also available in shoulder entry for about the same price (~$800). Do you think that is a better option? A few people have recommended Apollo suits but I an just not crazy about them for some reason.

How long did you have your CNse before you upgraded and what do you dive now?

Are there any other entry-level suits that you would rate above the CNse?

No. I am sold on the DUI Brand for a couple of reasons.

1. outstanding quality and customer service.

2. they put their money where their mouth is. ( How many companies take all their suits out to a bunch of different places and let anyone dive them just to see how they like them? None that I have found yet!)

I have owned suits from DUI, USIA, and Stolequest. worked on a few of the others and have not seen another suit I thought was of higher quality than DUI. I can't tell you about the Apollo never seen one.

The USIA suit worked well was definitely not the same quality of production. It had the seals changed at about three years old and developed a small leak in the seam at four years. Still have it. I still use their 400g undergarments and they sell them alot cheaper than DUI.

the Stolquest was cheap and they don't even make diving dry suits anymore. The Bare suit was about the same as the USIA.

I wouldn't say the TLS was better or worse than the CNSE. the CNSE will general fit closer than the TLS and the CNSE now comes with the rock boots, just doesn't dry as fast. I wil tell you I find the neoprene suits to be a bit more restrictive than the trilams. They do stretch more but there is an effort to it. Kind of like those exersize bands used in doctors office for rehab.

My CNse is 4 years old and still dive ready. I currently dive a CF200. I upgraded because I needed a self donning suit that had a high abraision resistance. I'm currently in the process of buying a 350 for normal recreational diving.

Hallmac

Thanks for all your help Hallmac.

I took my drysuit course in a Mobby's bi-lam and had no problems with restriction or movement in the water. I originally looked at the 350se as my first suit and then saw what Rodale's said about the CNse. I liked the shell suits but didn't have a basis for comparison against the crushed/compressed suits.

I will continue to look for a shop with a CNse in my size and make the final decision based on fit.

Thanks again for your feedback.

One final question, what do you think of the CLx450 as a combination of abrasion resistance and light weight? I tried one on in a shop and really liked it. I just wasn't sure if, for $150 more, I wasn't better off going with a 200.

I have not tried the 450 yet! I was really interested in it too but did not make it to the DUI days to give it a try.

Sorry hallmac

Well if my suit had arrived here yet i could tell you. But the powers that be are making me wait until the end of Jan for my CLx450 SS.

However, O-ring has the same suit, PM him im sure he will be glad to let you know his thoughts / experiences with the 450.

Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom