Which dry suit (rock) boots are slimmer than others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob9000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I wear a size 13 shoe and have a dry sock kind of dry suit. I am looking for the slimmest (in terms of width) dry suit boots out there so I will not be too limited in fin choice. I might even try to find some size 14 or 15 Converse (the size 13 is slimmer than Bare rock boots). I tried some Bare XXL which fit snugger than their XXL boots, the the Bare models have a part that sticks out near the ball of the foot. I compared a pair of DUI boots to the same size models in Bare and the DUI boots looked slimmer. Unfortunately they didn't have the DUI in my size. Any suggestions?

I would also be open to neoprene booties that have a more robust/supportive sole.

Rob9000:
I wear a size 13 shoe and have a dry sock kind of dry suit. I am looking for the slimmest (in terms of width) dry suit boots out there so I will not be too limited in fin choice. I might even try to find some size 14 or 15 Converse (the size 13 is slimmer than Bare rock boots). I tried some Bare XXL which fit snugger than their XXL boots, the the Bare models have a part that sticks out near the ball of the foot. I compared a pair of DUI boots to the same size models in Bare and the DUI boots looked slimmer. Unfortunately they didn't have the DUI in my size. Any suggestions?

I would also be open to neoprene booties that have a more robust/supportive sole.

Have you considered trying the SeaSoft SunRays with your dry suit? I am mentioning the SunRays 3 mm as opposed to the SeaSoft Stealth since the SunRays are a lower profile that is recommended with most dry suits.

The arch support and the quality of the sole on the SeaSoft booties is excellent.
The booth models of the SeaSoft booties are neoprene. The SunRays also dry much quicker than the Stealth since they have something like a glide-skin lining which dries quickly.

ronbeau:
Have you considered trying the SeaSoft SunRays with your dry suit? I am mentioning the SunRays 3 mm as opposed to the SeaSoft Stealth since the SunRays are a lower profile that is recommended with most dry suits.

The arch support and the quality of the sole on the SeaSoft booties is excellent.
The booth models of the SeaSoft booties are neoprene. The SunRays also dry much quicker than the Stealth since they have something like a glide-skin lining which dries quickly.

Thanks for the tip about the Sunrays - I haven't seen them in person. I like that they are 3mm, but one concern I have is I noticed that with the low cut booties I have now (lower cut than the Sunrays), if I put a bunch of air in the suit and go inverted to test the escape from balloon feet, the low cut booties want to get slid off my feet from the air puffing out the suit around the ankle. I was starting to lean towards the Henderson 3mm Hyperstretch boots - no zipper, a hi-top and 3mm.

I use the Bare Trek Boots, they seem very long and thin compared to my say hiking boots. I wear a size 11 shoes, and an XL is comfortable with my attached neoprene socks. I would guess you would need a XXL. Try and find a LDS that has some you can look at/try on. I love the feel of them, even thought they are a bit more pricey than some out there.

hollywood703:
I use the Bare Trek Boots, they seem very long and thin compared to my say hiking boots. I wear a size 11 shoes, and an XL is comfortable with my attached neoprene socks. I would guess you would need a XXL. Try and find a LDS that has some you can look at/try on. I love the feel of them, even thought they are a bit more pricey than some out there.

I bought the Bare Treks today - XXL was a good fit with the dry suit sock and a thicker hiking sock on underneath...still seemed to have a little more room for another layer if needed. I couldn't compare the Bare to other models....it was all that was in stock and the LDSs around me, but it fit so I went for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom