X-treme scooters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funthea

Registered
Reaction score
The X-treme scooter (same as the Sea-Doo low end) ,for the money ($225.00 delivered) it is well worth it. Has performed quite well and flawlessly at depths in excess of 65 ft. Very pleased, would buy one again in a heart beat.:D :lotsalove:

funthea:
The X-treme scooter (same as the Sea-Doo low end) ,for the money ($225.00 delivered) it is well worth it. Has performed quite well and flawlessly at depths in excess of 65 ft. Very pleased, would buy one again in a heart beat.:D :lotsalove:

How did it perform in a current, towing situation, run time etc.?

X

If your kicking hard you could probably hit 5 mph in turbo mode (both triggers pulled). If your not kicking at all you could probably hit 3 mph in turbo mode.

My brother-in-law and I bought them about a year ago and have used the piss out of them. Had one problem.. his stopped working once due to him not keeping the o-ring clean from sand and water got in and shut her down... a good clean and dry and up and running again.

We normally just use the single trigger mode (I think single trigger is 200 watts and the double trigger mode is 250 watts) except to power threw current or what have you.

Under normal use, on the single trigger, we've gotten the full dive every time (normally about an hour). Never tried to do a second dive on the same charge. The manufacture claims the charge is good for 90 mins. The gearing is so low that you cant tell if its low on charge because you cant see any depreciation in performance. Although that has been a concern... running out of charge that is. I wouldn't want to lug it back in. Not that its that big but it would still be a pain in the ***. We even have joked that if one dies out some where far we would leave it and just buy a new one rather than try to lug it in.

As far as towing... never tried it, but I would think because of the low gearing it wouldn't care.... just slower I guess. You cant lug the motor down. The motor is just too low geared. You could tie a bus to it and it would simply spin as normal... just not go anywhere. (haha)

Thanks Pete.

Interesting, probably a good deal considering what the SeaDoos are going for. Just never know...

I have 2 of them to play with. They are pretty much Seadoo clones. I have had mine to about 60' with no problems. We took them to the Comal river and they will pull up the river with no trouble. I don't have any use for a $2000+ scooter (I really don't have any use for a cheap scooter either). I know there is a huge difference in the quality and durability. I don't think that I would trust these for any real work or tech diving but they are sure fun to play with. They are good for the kids to play with on the surface too. Light enough and not too powerful for them to handle. I haven't ever run the batteries all the way down but they seem to last for well over an hour probably closer to 1.5 hrs if you aren't pushing them hard the whole time. The manual tells you what to do if you flood it and it didn't seem to be a complete loss. I looked at the parts list and the parts are cheap to repair it. I found a guy selling them new on ebay for $150 with free shipping. That is what pushed me into buying them, not much to lose, I was pleasantly surprised with the performance.

Back
Top Bottom