PDA

View Full Version : Do Bio Fin foot pockets tend to be larger than other fins (for rock boots)?

Rob9000
August 12th, 2007, 03:27 PM
No LDS around me has Bio Fins in my size and am considering ordering online with rush shipping to get them in time for a trip. I have a 13 foot....will the LL size accommodate a rock boot better or worse than other XL/LL fins? I have some Aqualung fins...they seem to have the most narrow foot pocket. Mares, Oceanic and Scubapro are a little larger.

SteveAD
August 12th, 2007, 03:39 PM
scubapro twin jet max size xl are huge

Rob9000
August 12th, 2007, 03:52 PM
scubapro twin jet max size xl are huge

Yeah I have Twin Jets, but I don't like them. Because of that I do have some reservation about buying another pair of splits without pool-testing them first, but I am willing the give the Bio Fin XT a go if the foot pocket is big.

mdb
August 12th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Yeah I have Twin Jets, but I don't like them. Because of that I do have some reservation about buying another pair of splits without pool-testing them first, but I am willing the give the Bio Fin XT a go if the foot pocket is big.

Rob9000: The XT is a great fin, stiffer, good with alternate kicks, wider kicks etc-However, I do think that your size 13 with a DUI rock boot would fit in our LL/XL XT's.

I recently worked at the annual Underwater Sports Divers Fair, we sized lots of divers with drysuits, rock boots etc. I found myself recommending the SP fins to a few divers who fit your profile.

I sure would like to sell you a pair of XT'S. I just do not think they would fit with your current configuration.

Rob9000
August 12th, 2007, 08:24 PM
OK Thanks mdb.....which leads to another question I posted in the Exposure Suits forum and haven't heard back on - are there other boots (other than neoprene booties) that tend to run slimmer than others?I looked at Bare - I can fit their XXL (the XXXL was kinda big with the drysuit sock and a hiking sock on my foot). The thing about the Bare boots is they have kind of a pointy part on the sides around the ball of the foot that makes them a snugger fit than they would be without that part of the side of the sole sticking out. I wonder if DUI or Pinnacle boots are any slimmer.

Many of the neoprene booties that have a rigid sole top out at size 13, so I would need at least a 14. I am also considering call around to shoe stores to find a pair of 14 or 15 Converse HiTops.

mdb
August 12th, 2007, 09:34 PM
OK Thanks mdb.....which leads to another question I posted in the Exposure Suits forum and haven't heard back on - are there other boots (other than neoprene booties) that tend to run slimmer than others?I looked at Bare - I can fit their XXL (the XXXL was kinda big with the drysuit sock and a hiking sock on my foot). The thing about the Bare boots is they have kind of a pointy part on the sides around the ball of the foot that makes them a snugger fit than they would be without that part of the side of the sole sticking out. I wonder if DUI or Pinnacle boots are any slimmer.

Many of the neoprene booties that have a rigid sole top out at size 13, so I would need at least a 14. I am also considering call around to shoe stores to find a pair of 14 or 15 Converse HiTops.

Rob9000: if you are in the SF bay area you have some good choices of Local Dive Stores, in SF, The Bamboo Reef, a good Aqua-Lung, Mares, and Scuba-Pro Dealer, on the Peninsula Wallins and Aquan, and in Marin, Marin Skin Diving in San Rafael, East Bay, Capt. Aqua would be a good choice.Some of these folks are Pinnacle Dealers, and some DUI. Good luck in your search.

CompuDude
August 15th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I use Converse High Tops with my drysuit, and I really like them better than the DUI rock boots because the profile is a lot lower, which lets me use the same Jetfins (XL) as my wetsuit booties (size 9 Henderson InstaDry hard sole booties).

I use a size LL BioFin when I'm diving my splits, though, and considering my feet are size 9.5, even with the fairly large wetsuit boots I need the LL. I don't see how you're going to get size 13 feet into them in anything other than a soft-sole bootie.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1