Depth flashing on Atmos 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My Atmos 2 computer has started to do something I've never noticed before. This first occured about 5-6 dives ago. Midway into a dive I'll look down and the DEPTH will be flashing on and off. I can't find any reference in the manual to what this means or why it is occuring. Maybe I missed it, but I looked pretty thoroughly.

These have all been standard NDL sport dives and none have been excessively deep. I haven't been observant enough to notice exactly when it starts and when it stops, but I'm pretty sure that on each of my last 5-6 dives it has occured. The computer is working absolutely fine other than this.

Does anyone know what this means?

Wow, you mean this hasn't happened to ANYONE else's Atmos 2???? I feel so special.

do it easy:
Where you blinking when you look at your gauge? :D

I don't think I've ever seen that particular computer, but since this is the internet, I'll take a stab at it- Where you breathing nitrox or close to your NDLs?

Yes I was blinking, but it was blinking faster than I was. :D

Yes I was using Nitrox. No, I was nowhere near my NDLs. There is a separate number just below the current depth that shows the remaining NDL.

But thanks for playing!

Where you near your MOD? I have a completely different computer, but if I get past 1.5 ppO2, it will start blinking and beeping and flashing and beeping and blinking and flashing. It might be a user-settable alarm.

I have an Oceanic which uses a very similar program.

Go back into your set up and make sure your maximum depth is set to where you want it to be.

the K

do it easy:
Where you near your MOD? I have a completely different computer, but if I get past 1.5 ppO2, it will start blinking and beeping and flashing and beeping and blinking and flashing. It might be a user-settable alarm.

Good guess, but according to the manual that is not how that is indicated. I checked both for high PO2 on a dive and high O2 accumulation. The computer does a very good job of clearly indicating this and none of them involve the depth flashing.

Would you like another turn? I can't seem to be getting anyone interested from Aeris.

The Kraken:
I have an Oceanic which uses a very similar program.

Go back into your set up and make sure your maximum depth is set to where you want it to be.

the K

You might be onto something, but the interesting thing is that there is a very obvious red flashing light when an alarm is going off. That light wasn't flashing. I've always kept the max depth set at the factory default of 300 feet, or is it 330 feet? Regardless, I don't use that alarm as I'm very maticulous at tracking my depth through a dive myself. I will check that setting however.

Back
Top Bottom