Dahab Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dahab/Sharm Trip Report

Just back from 10 days in the red sea. Brief summary follows.
Diving in Dahab was great!!! Diving was so easy. Really laid back, relaxing, no current, no big groups & no waiting around. Most of the sites had nice viss +20m and sandy btm which I prefer.
Highlight was definitely the Canyon dive. Was really great.
I requested an early morning dive at this site and myself & the guide were the only ones in the water. My guide also said that the early morning dive had a lot more fish than normal.

Other dives were also nice. Bells to blue hole is a nice wall dive but definitely get their before all the tour groups from Sharm arrive around 11 am. Otherwise bells & blue hole look like a swimming pool.
Dived with Poseidon
Stayed at Swiss Inn. Was very nice.

After 5 days in Dahab. I went to Sharm. Only had time for a dive at the local sites. Dived with one of the big dive centres and it took 1 hr to get from the dive centre to the boat waiting for other guests who were late. Dive brief was also very bad , lasted about 25 minutes and involved all other days trips that were available the next day.

In summary the red sea is fantastic. However I will not do any more shore diving based in Sharm. I intend to do a wreck safari next time. Would go back to Dahab .

Egypt is a great place but you need a lot of patience walking around town & the shops & at Cairo airport if you change from International to Domestic!!!!!:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom