Apeks WTX Harness - Where in the USA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I picked on up in Hawaii and I like very much. It fits better (on me) than my Dive Rite Harness. I want to buy one here in the USA and can not find any online. They are distributed by Auqalung but no one seems to have them.

Are they just not sold here?

Dave

Teamcasa:
I picked on up in Hawaii and I like very much. It fits better (on me) than my Dive Rite Harness. I want to buy one here in the USA and can not find any online. They are distributed by Auqalung but no one seems to have them.

Are they just not sold here?

Dave

When Hawaii secede?:wink:

Tobin

You can purchase the Apeks WTX Harness-BP/W from any Aqualung dealer in the US. If the shop does not have one in stock, you can simply order it. Aqualung products sold through dealers (shops) cannot be sold online.

Interesting...

Most buyers weren't satisfied with Apeks WTX.....

How about Tobin's rigs.? I am sure that it will be much better.....

Hoosier:
Interesting...

I'm sure Tobins gear is the utmost in quality. But I do like the soft back plate harness. I find it very comfortable and easy to dive with. I currently have a DiveRite Transpac (older version) and really like it but I'm always looking for the next level. I spotted the WTX at Big Island Divers shop in Hawaii and decided to buy it. I used it for several dives (with the Venture Wing and a single tank) and now my lovely bride wants one. I'm sure the new DiveRite Transpac would also provide the same level of comfort as well. If the WTX Harness is too hard to find or too expensive, I'll DiveRite.

Dave

Tobin, Hawaii has not seceded.....yet! :wink:

Hoosier:
Interesting...

Source? I am looking at the WTX. I have tried it on at the LDS and I like the quality of it.

jchull:
...I am looking at the WTX. I have tried it on at the LDS and I like the quality of it.

Me too. The quality is top drawer in my opinion.

Dave

Since you have the WTX, can you give some sort of review on it, what you use it for and what you like about it? The only thing I am concerned about is that if you add a plate, it just slips in the pocket, which seems like it may be unstable with doubles. I am not diving doubles yet, mostly just assisting OW classes, but I do plan on it. Problem is I want to use something that will not confuse students if I have to buddy with them, so quick releases, and dumpable weight pockets (the releases are just like our rentals, so that it nice)

jchull
I really like it. It is very adjustable and its straps are similar enough to not confuse students. Its very easy to adjust underwater and makes doff and don drills easy. Construction is terrific. I do not use weight pockets but they can be added (most brands will fit easily). It has high quality D rings that are placed well but can be moved any where you like. Included (with mine) is a crotch strap if you like them. I removed mine but my lovely bride is short waisted and likes using one. Frankly, I plan on getting a second one to replace my DiveRite, unless of course DiveRite wants to offer me a discount and a trade-in allowance for my older unit!

I have never added a rigid back plate for doubles diving but it looks to be a simple and secure affair.

Dave

so, you have the transpac as well?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom