Nikon 880 with SB105

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terry

New
Reaction score
I'm running a Nikon 880 housed in an Ikelite Underwater housing. Has anyone had any sucess using an SB105 (Slave sunk) with this camera? Or can anyone sugest how I might be able to use this flash with this camera.

I don't particulary want to use video lights, but if I must :-(

Terry.

Hello,

The nikon 880 is a ttl camera, however the cases that I just looked at is NOT wetwired for ttl. However, there is a remote slave sensor you can plug into the sb-105 (think it'll fit w/ the right cable) The downside of this is other camera rigs MAY interfere w/ it's operation, i.e. false firings and the like.

Part number #4100.5 (Remote TTL Sensor) is the item. You can get it at b&h for alot cheaper than cost.

Ed

Are you satisfies with your Ikelite housing? I have the CP-880 and am considering housing it rather than investing in another camera and housing.

Do you have any photos taken with it online somewhere?

Hello,

Yes and no.

Yes I love it! Can get shots you can't without a housing. it's flexible, rugged and not limited to high $$ equipment that is few and far between to get.

No cause I had to recently order some weight system for it, no cause it's bigger than your 'normal' camera. You get use to that after awhile and when you do NOT dive with it you feel naked.

Ed

I keep reading that the Ikelite housing has a problem with some of the knobs being pushed in by pressure, changing some of the settings. Also, that it's hard to change from manual to macro mose...quite a few steps.

Any problems there?

Hello,

Well you do need to have the housing serviced every x years (forgot now what that number is). I have yet to have any problem with mine. But then again, I baby my cameras to no end.

I would venture to say that if a knob was stuck by pressure then it's probably faulty and needs serviced/replaced immediately. Ikelite is very good about customer service.

As for changing modes, on MY camera (canon elan IIe) it's really simple to do underwater, guess it could depend on how the camera is setup.

Ed

That's good to hear. I'm sort of anal about my camera stuff too!

I misunderstood...I though you had a CP-880. Changing the setting must be a camera/model thing.

Sure wish more folks used the CP-880/Ikelite...maybe that should tell me something! But I'm having a hard time justifying buying a whole new camera just because of a few, maybe personal, preferences of one housing over the other.

Oh well...I'll keep looking!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom