Help on choosing a computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wreck Ranger

Reaction score
I have been using the ScubaPro Uwatec alladin pro (ntirox). It's my fathers back up that he lets me use when we go diving, but I want my own and am not sure what else is out there. I have read through most of the threads lately and would like some feedback on what you all think are good computers. I have had no problems with this computer, but I am a novice when it comes to UW computers and don't have enough info to make an educated desicion on which I should buy.

Thank in advance for all your information. I would also like to know about prices for them as well.
Thank you very much
Wreck Ranger

Personally, I like the Suunto Mosquito. Its Nitrox capable, wrist mounted and easy to use. As I recall, its about $399.00.

You can also download your dives to a PC with an optional interface.

Wreck Ranger once bubbled...
don't have enough info to make an educated desicion on which I should buy.
What kind of diving do you do: Depth, duration, multilevel, gas, ect?
What kind of diving do you foresee your self doing in the future?
Do you do more than 2~3 dives a day? How often?
Do you do >4 days in a row? How often?

My diving is mostly wrecks and most are 140' or less. We are going to COCO's in February and will do approx 30-35 dives in 7 days around the same depth. I dive BG and Ginnie alot. My dives are always Nitrox if possible. I will be diving more and more in the future. Now if I could just figure out a way to make it into a full time living:)

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
Personally, I like the Suunto Mosquito. Its Nitrox capable, wrist mounted and easy to use. As I recall, its about $399.00.

You can also download your dives to a PC with an optional interface.

Only thing with the mosquito:
there's no gauge mode, if you head in the direction that would be desired.

Probably better off with a vyper or stinger.

There's something to be said for familiarity too. The computer you've been using is a nice unit and perfectly capable of doing what you currently need and offering excellent reliability.

Tom

Thanks for all of your replies on this subject. I have narrowed it down to the Vyper, Stinger, Mares, and the Uwatec. I'm about a month from purchasing it, but I am trying to do my research now.

Uncle Pug, The dives at COCO's are going to be in the 60-130' range. They are single stage dives which is waht I am accustom to diving.
I will be bringing my camera so I will send back lots of pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom