I need free gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dark_basic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey, I'm going to college and all of the money I save has to go to college or food. Not my rules, I'd rather starve and dive. Does anyone have any free gear they want to get off their hands? I'll pay shipping. :D

Grazie,
Collin

u will be attracting a lot of junk with that question....

:)

Nothing wrong with a little junk in the trunk, Maggie :wink:

If you pay shipping it really isn't free is it. . .

You might do better if you offer to trade work for it. If I were local, I might consider trading good gear for yard work, house painting, barnacle scraping, etc.

If you ask for free gear, don't be suprised if you get stuff that's worth what you paid for it (minus shipping). I bet you can come up with a better plan than paying to send garbage across the country. Of course, you never know... there are some generous folks out there.

I think you'd be able to find a better way to use your shipping money. I'm sure there are other college students on the board, they may be able to help.

riguerin:
Nothing wrong with a little junk in the trunk, Maggie :wink:

well,ive read on the news that people actually pay other people to collect their junk...it seems like a very attractive business in the US, is that right?

i mean... there's no such thing as free stuff. even the free food at the luncheon meeting requires the participants to listen to the never-ending lectures and presentations!

I'm a college student myself. I would check and see if there is a university diving club, or form one yourself. Personally the club I belong to gets a significant discount on rental gear at a very good LDS, so renting for me is significantly cheaper then buying - unless I was diving every day. But with classes, you shouldn't have time to dive every day anywho :no .

DeNomad:
I'm a college student myself. I would check and see if there is a university diving club, or form one yourself. Personally the club I belong to gets a significant discount on rental gear at a very good LDS, so renting for me is significantly cheaper then buying - unless I was diving every day. But with classes, you shouldn't have time to dive every day anywho :no .

You obviousley are going to the wrong school. . .

Back
Top Bottom