Equipment Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArcticDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking about insuring my dive gear and cameras. According to the DAN site they don't issue insrurance to Alaskans.

Anyone know who does? If so how good is it?

I have a rider insurance policy on about $10K of underwater camera gear through USAA. They offer much better pricing than any speciality insurance group like D.E.P.P. or DAN, and will cover any loss, theft, flooding damage, etc anywhere in the world. Downside is that claims can affect your other policies. The difference in premiums make it worth it.

here's some good discussion on the topic at wetpixel:
http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11012&hl=insurance

Best advice is to call your home insurance company and see what they can offer regading a valuable personal property policy before dealing with DEPP & DAN which are more expensive and have many restrictions.

Take care,
John

If you have a homeowners or renters insurance policy, you may want to check the coverage before buying more. Some policies cover personal property against theft wherever you are in the world. Limits apply to some items, so additional insurance may be required for higher end items.

Of course!!! I'm even insured by USAA. Now why didn't I think to call them first? Oh yes; Brain Burp

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom