New Axis, got question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xenon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just recieved my new Axis and was going over it in preparation for an upcoming dive weekend. I was pleasantly suprised to find an Akona SMB stuffed into the one of the pockets! But on closer examination, I'm a bit baffled. The "pocket" doesn't have any type of closure on it, so it looks like whatever gets stuffed in there will just slide right out on the 1st dive. :shakehead:

Can anyone explain to me what the purpose of this open-ended pocket is for? I've attached a few pics showing it with the SMB shoved inside, but I'm definitely not going to keep it in there.

Other than that oddity, I really like the Axis design and hope it works well for me underwater.

IMG_8297 (Medium).JPG

IMG_8298 (Medium).JPG

IMG_8299 (Medium).JPG

Dear Xenon,

This pocket you are referring to is built to hold the AKONA Safety Tube. There should be no issues with the tube falling out. We have shipped thousands of these BCs without issue.

Enjoy your diving with the Axis and feel confident that you won't have any issues with the safety tube falling out.

Thanks for your support of the Sherwood Scuba equipment.

Sherwood Scuba

Ok, cool. If it ever falls out I'll be sure and let you know. :)

Back
Top Bottom