Gear Jam (warning- Dork Diver thread)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl

Cupcake, Queen of Dorks
Reaction score
Off the road for good in April '08 and at home in
# of dives
100 - 199
So there's a thread titled BC or BCD in Basic Scuba and I like it. There are only 4 replies right now and I really like this one. And seriously, I'm not making fun of anybody. It just struck me that this is perfect for the DD forum!

In true Dork Diver fashion, I think we need to start renaming our gear. I'm sure we've already done this in another thread (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away perhaps), but even so, it's time to take back the gear!

No longer is it a snorkel! It's a snorkel device. We need to give it it's proper respect! It can be an alternate surface air supply. Or, in contrast to the octopus, it can be referred to as the elephant trunk. Or, perhaps, the straw of life?

No longer is it a BCD! It's a fashionable vest thingy with the hooseywhatzit that blows it up! Or, could it be the Dork Diver's answer to the sweater vest?

Booties! Foot Protection Devices!

Fins! Manual Propulsion Devices! They only work correctly if you wear them on the right foot. Well, not just on the right foot. I mean you have to wear the left one on the left foot. If you wore them both on the right foot they just wouldn't work (if anyone tries this, please take pictures). Also known as flippers.

trucker girl:
..Fins! Manual Propulsion Devices!...

Only if you wear them on your hands. Of course being a Lead Dork Diver that may be the case:dork2:

But then you'd need a pair of Manual Propulsion Devices AND a pair of Pes Propulsion Devices

Good Grief people!!! Give a s-l-o-w typer a chance, eh?

"Pedicure Propulsion Devices"? Dear, dear me...

No TG, they (fins) should be named Dive Toe protection devices, they do keep the flags flying and scuff free....

Maybe masks should be FOES--Focusing Optical Enhancement Systems?

Back
Top Bottom