Atmos 2 memory??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garyfotodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Chicago, but dive in FL. Not true anymore, as I di
# of dives
200 - 499
My Atmos 2 has six dives on it. It retained the first three dives, but the others have not been retained. The manual states it holds 24.

Anyone have any ideas?

Are you trying to download them or find them on the computer? I have not had this issue. I'm not sure if it keeps the last 24 exactly. I have my sampling rate turned up as high as it'll go, so mine may keep fewer dives. However, I've never had an issue where recent dives cannot be found while older dives can be.

Not downloading; stored in the computer. On p101 of the manual, it states that the computer, "Stores 24 most recent dives in memory for viewing".

Explain what you see when you scroll through the dives logged on the computer?

You should see the most recent dive first as you enter log mode. As you hit the front green button, it should scroll backwards from there. The dive numbering can be a bit confusing. They aren't numbered sequentially, so watch for that. What I mean is that if you have 6 dives logged, you won't necessarily see dive numbers 6-5-4-3-2-1.

Let's say I did two one-day trips of 3 dives each day. Let's also say the two trips were separated by enough time that the computer "cleared", meaning that my residual nitrogen dropped to zero. You will see these six dives in the log as #3, #2, #1, #3, #2, #1. The first group of three dives are the most recent and are numbered 3-2-1. The next group of three dives are the older dives and are also numbered 3-2-1.

The computer groups dives together contiguously as long as each one is in theory a repetitive dive of the previous. This occurs when you still have residual nitrogen per their algorithm at the start of the next dive.

This may all be clear to you already, but I just wanted to check. With only 6 dives on the computer it is possible that the way the dive #s work in the log is confusing you.

Another possibility of course is that the computer doesn't work and you need to return it for service.

Thank you; you have explained it to me. I realized I have to look at the dates. I had thought that the dives would be numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Thanks again.

Gary--

Yeah, that's the confusing thing about the Atmos 2's dive log function... you have to carefully look at the dates (and times, just to make sure) of the dives as you scroll.

What Divin'Hoosier wrote was my first thought too... I was going to write that, but didn't want to... um... assume anything. :D :D

--Marek

garyfotodiver:
Thank you; you have explained it to me. I realized I have to look at the dates. I had thought that the dives would be numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Thanks again.

Glad I could help. Safe diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom