ideas for cruise/operators in St. Croix, St. Thomas, Barbados,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjb

Reaction score
We're going on a Celebrity cruise in Jan. and trying to set up dive arrangements ahead of time. Our experience with cruise shore excursions for diving are not that great so want to go independent this time. We will be stopping in:
St. Croix,
St. Lucia
Barbados,
St. Thomas
Antigua.
From reading previous postings, it sounds like Antigua is the day to take off from scuba and go to the beach. How about the other places? We spent the last few vacations at Caymen, Coz, and Costa Rica Pacific Cano Island, so know it will not be as good diving, but we wanted to see the eastern islands for a change. Any diving stories from these places or ideas out there for smaller operators that will go to different sites than the "cattle" boats are welcome!!

Hi, I spent 2 weeks diving on St. Croix recently. Diving was very good (comparable with Egypt but far less divers as well as turist).

Cruis ships anchor at Frederckstedt pier but the best diving is on Cane Bay beach. You should organise transportation there (40 minutes by car) and dive with Cane Bay dive shop. You can do shore diving to the North Wall (swimming is about 150 meters) or ask Jason at Cane Bay dive shop to get you to other dive sites by boat. He has a RIB and takes only few divers. The best dive site was Sea Mount. Do not miss it.

We saw large groupers, turtles, rays, lot of coral fish in very good conditions and excellent corals of all sorts.

Regards

Ivan

I dove with Anchor Dive Center right at the Salt River Bay. Five minute boat ride to some decent wall diving. I would recommend both the operator and the diving. Let me know if I can help. Just remember that the best diving is on the north shore and its a little bit of a drive from the cruise ship dock (30-45 minutes).

I love diving in Barbados when I go there. I highly recommend Hightide Willie Hewitt is great.

If you contact them (or any other operator) ahead of time, they'll be waiting for you at dockside to pick you up.

If you make it into Christensted, Dive Experience is a great shop and charter to go diving with. I did my OW cert with these guys and they were awesome! They go to all the top dive sites and are a first rate group in which to deal.

Have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom