Whites Catalyst 360 vs. Pinnacle Evo II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

battles2a5

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a DS and I have narrowed it down to 2 options. I'm trying to get some comparitive opinions of the two from anyone who cares to comment. I'm not looking for "which is better", just trying to glean some first-hand info on these suits, what makes them work for you, what you would change, etc.

About me: I'm transitioning to tech diving. I will be doing mostly wrecks but will also get into caving. But most I'll be on the NC wrecks.

My likes/concerns about the suit:

Whites: I like the flexibility of the suit, I like all the Whites goodies that come with the suit, and I have a couple of local dealers that stock/service them. I am concerned about the front entry of the suit. I have very broad shoulders and it looks like the top of this suit is overly-pronounced due to the zip (looks like they just put the back zip in the front, not the diagonal front zip.

Pinnacle: I like the features, the telescoping torso, pockets, and the tough cordura outer shell (seems like it would hold up on the wrecks). Concerns- will the tough cordura hurt with the mobility? Is it really heavy? Also, not sure about local support for this suit.

Other info: Am interested in stock sizes. This is my first DS, so I don't want to go overboard w/ a custon DUI suit. Just want a good, dependable, durable suit that I can keep for a few years as I continue to develop skills.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ryan

If you're concerned about your body being tough to fit, whatever you do, don't buy any suit based solely on size charts. Try them on. As far as not going overboard on a custom DUI, buying an expensive custom suit and keeping it forever is less expensive than buying a cheaper suit and replacing it with a custom a few years later.

Back
Top Bottom