Catastrophic Hurricane Felix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont

Contributor
Reaction score
lol yes a big wave i think that would be counted as a tsunami ? theres a tsunami hitting the panhandle!!!!

All this activity down here is starting to make the cold NW look a little more friendly.

Yes, a tropical wave. Some tropical waves develop into tropical depressions, some of which develop into tropical storms of which some become hurricanes.

lamont:
I thought I'd beat Don to starting this one...

There's a tropical wave in the Atlantic predicted to reach an 87 knot intensity in 120 hours by the SHIPS model:

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200792_model.html

Models tracks have it headed towards florida panhandle and cuba right now...
Wave? :wave-smil

panhandle? Did you mean peninsula? It doesn't seem to be tracking for Pensacola? It does seem to be tracking toward Bahamas and the Florida peninsula...

felix.gif

Attachments

• felix.gif
    felix.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 71
DandyDon:
panhandle? Did you mean peninsula? It doesn't seem to be tracking for Pensacola? It does seem to be tracking toward Bahamas and the Florida peninsula...

:brainfart:

yeah, i meant peninsula...

too much context switching at work today, i can't think straight...

Totally weird models. I don't like the one in red- blue is better:

at200792_model.gif

It'll cut a hard right into the North Atlantic, along that blue model. Felix always *was* a wuss...

Invest 92l doesn't seem to be very developed, 25 mph winds, not even referred to as a named Tropical Storm. Why are we calling it Felix? Does it really get that name if it does develop, or could it be used for the next one that does?

Back
Top Bottom