Dive Rite Trans Plate Pad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ltstanfo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello,

Does Dive Rite offer / plan to offer any kind of back pad similar to its competitors (sorry to bring them up but their products are out there... Halcyon or OMS)? I really like those back pads with integrated pocket for SMB, etc... storage. I have seen a Dive Rite pocket that hangs down from or beside the plate but I don't want anything external if possible.

I've tried to adapt the Halcyon pad to my SS Trans Plate but the holes do not line up after the top most set (and you have to drill holes for the lowest mount points).

Just a question from a Dive Rite consumer who wants to buy more of your gear. :D

Thank you,
Ltstanfo

Hi,

We do not have a lumbar pad with stowaway pocket at the moment. We use the lift bag sleeve for SMB's, however you are correct, it has to be attached externally either on the tail or the side of the plate.

What we have been doing is selling the heck out of the Nomad buttplate. Added to the base of the BP, it gives a bottles a more streamlined ride and gets them out from under your armpits. We are adding grommets to the Nomad buttplate to add the SMB sleeve. The buttplate keeps everything tucked in nicely, yet easily accessible.

Cheers,
Kathleen

Kathleen,

Thanks for the fast response. I will visit your website and check out the Nomad.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom