Juneau Wrecks report!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akscubainst

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Last week, I had 4 friends come up from the Seattle area. We spent 4 days diving the wrecks, all of us on rebreathers - 2 Classic KISS's, 2 Copis Megs and a Meg, the diving was phenomenal to say the least!

Went something like this:

Wed: - Princess Sophia, 2 dives, great vis, lots of ling cod, rockfish, prowfish and wolfeels!

Thurs: SS State of California - This is a big boat! it was my first dives on it and I'm planning to attempt another trip (70 miles by boat) out to it this weekend. It's in great condition, sitting upright and begging for more diving!

Fri: Princess Kathleen - Vis was about as good as I've ever seen it. Strong surface current as usual, but a great couple dives!

Sat: 1st dive - Sophia very nice dive until some OC divers showed up then it got really loud down there. 2nd dive on the Kathleen another great dive!

Anyway, a quick report, the vis is currently unbelievable and weather for the weekend is looking good for a repeat! But I'll have to suffer with an OC buddy this week!:eyebrow:

Dave

We could never have pulled this off on Open Circuit, without a much bigger boat and spending tons more time filling tanks. Yes, the rebreather is the way to go especially around here.

One of the diveres took alot of photos but I don't have them yet.

Dave

If you can get a hold on them I'd love to see them... I really need to get up there someday soon and do some diving on the wrecks up there, they sound really great. Something we're lacking a bit down here in K-town. There's a good one near the Coast Guard base but it's not historic like your wrecks. :(

Apparently a seiner went down near here a week or so ago, but I've heard mixed reports as to how deep it is... one person told me 300', but I've also heard 80'.

Back
Top Bottom