Stretching the wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newbie Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i've just gotten a full 3mm wetsuit and as its new, it's abit tight. so I'm wondering is there anything i could do to stretch it (esp the arms and legs area) before my next dive?

can anyone help? thanks

Tight as in hard to get on and the comfy or squashed after you get it on? If it is just hard to get on, try a dive skin under it. It will slip right on...

You can put bottles, cans or some other round cylindrical objects in the arm and foot holes if that's an issue. Or you can use a plastic bag to help slide your arms and feet through. But in my experience wetsuits stretch out naturally over a bunch of dives.

Newbie Diver:
i've just gotten a full 3mm wetsuit and as its new, it's abit tight. so I'm wondering is there anything i could do to stretch it (esp the arms and legs area) before my next dive?

can anyone help? thanks

Tight as in hard to get off or are you hands and feet turning blue?

A good fitting wetsuit will have a hint of compression and leave the titching imprinted in your skin when you remove it.

Be sure you are rolling it on like pantyhose, not pulling it on like tousers. Also if you are in a sweat the arms can be a bit toughter. A little suit snot on the arms and shoulders helps a lot. Snot is about 1/3 cheap hair conditioner and 2/3 water in a pump spray bottle.

Some margnal stretching can be done as mentioned but it will feel looser when wet and they tend to loosen with use.

Did you get to try the next larger size for comparison?

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom