Atmos Pro regulator ... brittle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I bought Atmos Pro reg from authorized on-line shop (ST) Sept last year. After 36 dive I found 3 of 6 small legs supporting the purge button was broken - 2 in bad conditions only 1 okay. The support is made of rubber and seem very brittle. I always perform proper maintenance and store in clean, dry and temperature controlled storage room. I had other regulator - much older but no problem at all.
Anybody has the same experience ?

1. Mid April, I decided to contact Aeris directly via their web site as I anticipated the possibility they would ask to send to nearest authorized rep. in my region. No Response
2. 3 days later PM Doug Krause via this board. No Response
3. a week later, resent PM. Response: apologize and will send replacement cap
4. May : Having waited for almost a month and nothing happen, sent PM again. Response: replacement cap has been sent.
5. June : Having waited for a month and nothing happen, sent PM again. Response: apologize and promise to check.
6. August 11, sent PM again - NO RESPONSE until todate.

A year warranty will soon expire; not sure what else to do -

I can contact the original supplier which is known as best service online shop if that's the proper procedure or asked by Aeris - but the problem is No Response from Aeris or Doug.

Thanks for any advise

Regards
Wisnu

Hi Wisnu -

I have continued contact with our service department over the past several months. We have now made two shipments (not trackable unfortunately) to the address that you supplied. If you would confirm your mailing address and your recommended delivery means to Brunei via PM, I will coordinate another shipment.

Thanks for your continued patience,

Hmm, my first post here..... was eye-balling an Aeris reg earlier today at ST..... perhaps not, eh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom