seasonal dive gear prices...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencermm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can you find better deals on dive gear in the colder months?
Thanks,
Spencer

Spencermm:
Can you find better deals on dive gear in the colder months?
I haven't noticed that in NC. To paraphrase Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet, 'It is always warm somewhere.' 'Deals' seem more likely to pop up when a newer model of some item - regulator, BC, exposure suit, etc. - is about to come out and the mfg wants to help their LDS clients reduce inventory of the older models (e.g. by the end of its availability, prices on the Nitek He computer dropped dramatically, as Dive Rite prepared for the launch of the NiTek X).

Like Colliam, I haven't found that to be true. It's too bad because it sure would be nice to get some great deals!

Last year the online guys had some great deals. I got almost all of my gear at amazing prices. I made my purchases Dec through Feb. Scuba Toys, Golem, and Leisure Pro put offers that I just couldn't walk away from.

Back
Top Bottom