Diving the Saguenay Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

subcookie

Reaction score
I just find out that I have to move to the Saguenay area in Quebec. I was just wondering what kind of diving that I should expect. If anyone knows that would be great.

subcookie:
I just find out that I have to move to the Saguenay area in Quebec. I was just wondering what kind of diving that I should expect. If anyone knows that would be great.

The Saguenay region is pretty large but since you're in the Navy, I guess you'll be close to the St Lawrence river near Tadoussac. If so, you will be close to one of the nicest diving area (if not the best). First, even if it's still called a river, it's so wide you almost cant see the other side. Second, It's saltwater and there are tides. So really, it's like the ocean. But expect cold water. And when I mean cold, I dont mean those 50's F. Not even in the 40's. You might have water as cold as 30 F so a drysuit is interesting for longer dives (altough 7 mm wetsuits ar acceptable). You will see nice anemones, urchins, starfish and some fish too but not plenty. Viz is often very good. If you want, I can send you links to websites describing shore dives sites

Cheers

Thank for the info. Do you know anyone that do some thecnical diving down there like trimix. I will be on the Air force base there, in la Baie area. I heard that the fishing and hunting is great also.

yep, that's a great area for fishing and hunting too.

There's not much diving facilities there except for fills and regular stuff I think but i'll do a check

just realized La Baie is more inland than I tought but still not that far from the St Lawrence river. You"re on the Saguenay river and I dont really know if there's some good diving there. Anyway, if you have some mobility, Les Escoumins is not that far.

still checking

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom