SI-Tech Quick Cuff users: changing wrist seals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I think these are "Quick Cuffs," not "Cuff Clamps." There is an outer cuff ring glued to the suit. The seal and optional glove are mounted to a removable inner cuff ring.

I'm not actually changing the seals, they are intact. But I did take the assembly apart to investigate a leak, and I was wondering if there was any trick to putting it back together. It looks simple but looks can be deceiving. :)

It seems like you just fold the seal over the inner cuff ring, and jam it into the outer cuff until it bottoms out.

I noticed that the latex has a groove mashed into it from being seated in the cuff so long. I wonder if there would be any benefit to trimming the wide end of the seal by a few mm, so fresh latex was under the sealing 'lip' inside the inner cuff.

As an aside, this is a pretty cheap and easy way to change wrist seals, though I guess it's not as sexy as DUI Zip Seals.

2000102970847320632_rs.jpg

(stretch seal over cuff, invert through opening)

2000153186885632870_rs.jpg

(Lip midway down in the outer cuff seems to be the sealing surface)

Back
Top Bottom