Nex Gen Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am just curious as to how dives one and owns one and what you think about it. I am considering purchasing one, and I just want to know what you think about them...

Thanks
Phil

I own one and I love it. It does take a little getting used to the stiffer material of this drysuit, compared to a wetsuit, but it performs well, and keeps me dry. Just make sure you have a buddy to zip the rear entry zipper for you. :wink:

I have that suit and it works fine (keeps me dry, easy to dive), but I currently prefer my 3mm compressed neoprene suit because it's more flexible and warmer, more like a wetsuit except dry. Some people say the Bare Nex-Gen material is stiffer than that of some other high end tri-lams, but I couldn't tell you.

Also careful with the boots. I didn't like the Bare Trek boots (which came with the suit, but were too large for me and my fins) and just use regular Chuck Taylors now. I have ones just large enough to accommodate the soft booties and thick socks, and I lace them up real tight so there's no room for gas to expand (no floaty feet) and this way I can still fit in my XL jets. All in all, the Nex-Gen has a good reputation as an entry level drysuit, but if I was to do it over again I'd buy a used one off here or ebay.

Thanks for the info...

Phil

That was my first suit. Never leaked. It's my backup now. If no buddy to zip it up, just clip on a dog leash, zip it closed, unclip, and dive.

I have one also, and love it....it is economical...and does its job flawlessly....I got 3 sets of undergarments and still spent less than a DUI! I personally love the Trek Boots....

I have one as well, and I love it. I also have a TLS 350 and I use the Nex-Gen just as much as the DUI. I don't find the material stiffer than any other trilam, I can perform valve drills well with either suit. I think you will be more than happy with it.

Mine has held up pretty well considering what I've put it through. The Trek Boots don't hold up as well as the rest of the suit and are huge, I had to go from XL to XXL Jet Fins to fit. I'd suggest it as a back-up or first drysuit.

Rob

The Bare Nex-Gen may be the best bang for the buck when it comes to drysuits! sure the material is a little stiffer then most but when your diving you don’t notice it! About the only time you notice it is when you walk it may make that crunching noise a little more then others, but you can buy a suit, thermals and boots for well under 1K.... I can put up with that noise for that price!

The Bare Nex-Gen may be the best bang for the buck when it comes to drysuits! sure the material is a little stiffer then most but when your diving you don’t notice it! About the only time you notice it is when you walk it may make that crunching noise a little more then others, but you can buy a suit, thermals and boots for well under 1K.... I can put up with that noise for that price!

Thanks guys, I was this close (imagine two fingers close together) to buying one from you but then this whole having a baby thing is happening so I have to put it off for a little while... Damn Invitro has to cost me about 15 drysuits...

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom