Tobermory Trip Report for Dorks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl

Cupcake, Queen of Dorks
Reaction score
Off the road for good in April '08 and at home in
# of dives
100 - 199
The real trip report is here...

But here's a list of the sillies- I'm sure I'll forget something. Room to remind, people!

1. Shore dive #1, I put my skin on inside out. Excuse? I ALWAYS hang/store my skin inside out. So I turned it right side out to put it on and didn't check until AFTER I'd pulled my 7 mil wet suit on overtop of it. Apparently, however, this time, I had turned it right side out when I packed it. So turning it right side out was actually turning it inside out.

2. Boat dive #1, I put my skin on backwards. Excuse? The skin was still wet from the previous day and I just wanted to get the cold, wet process of putting the lower half of my wet suit on over with! I found leg holes and put my legs in them. Again, I didn't check until AFTER I'd pulled on my 7 mil wet suit. You can dive with your skin on backwards. It's not an entanglement hazard. Now, your snorkel must be on facing forward!

3. I changed from my shorts into my skin/wet suit. Everything was on right side out and front side forward. But I set my shorts down during the process and forgot about them. They fell into the water- the boat crew recovered them. The $20 bill and credit card that were in the pockets were still there when I came up from the dive and found out what had happened :dork2:

4. Steve hums (just checking to see if you're reading this).

5. I posted on SB and played scrabble online once the ferry terminal got their wifi working again. Now that's a vacation...

Okay, it's someone else's turn now (until I remember something else to post here).

I sing along with the music quietly! I was concerned the shear beauty of my vocal accompaniment would distract you from driving. :D Hey, why are you laughing???

The mystery of the vanishing ankle weight?

Border crossings?

For the Arabia dive, I got all the gear on and reached down to grab my fins and gloves when I noticed my boots were unzipped and not tucked into the wetsuit. That could have been a really cold dive!

Maybe. Does it have something to do with the drive home???

Shouldn't you be asleep rather than posting pictures of yourself on ScubaBoard? :D

Good morning TG! Breakfast for me today is a bowl of cold cereal and coffee (brewing now). Did you have a toasted bagel or something else more exciting than cold cereal this morning?

Back
Top Bottom