Need Barbados Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptAl

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be in Barbados in April and am researching various dive ops. I came across a few names (Hightide, Coral Isle, Roger's Scuba Shack) while searching past posts and was wondering if anybody could comment on these outfits and/or suggest some not mentioned. I'm looking for an outfit that would pick up and drop me off back my hotel (Coral Sands)

CaptAl once bubbled...
I'll be in Barbados in April and am researching various dive ops. I came across a few names (Hightide, Coral Isle, Roger's Scuba Shack) while searching past posts and was wondering if anybody could comment on these outfits and/or suggest some not mentioned. I'm looking for an outfit that would pick up and drop me off back my hotel (Coral Sands)

Hightide with Willie is great. I have used Coral Isle (went under a name change to Wet Shop) in the past, but their web site is now down so I don't know if they're still in biz or not. I have not used Scuba Shack.

As far as I know, Willie will arrange for pickup and return to your hotel. 99% of the shops and hotels are all along the west/south coast of the island, so it's generally not a problem.

Here's Willie's link Hightide

I enjoyed diving with Coral Isle Divers. Lots of boat space, camera table, fresh water, dry storage, toilet etc..and overall a nice boat. Also a bi-hull (catamaran like) so very stable in the swells, my girlfriend still managed to hurl tho LOL

I appreciated the professional service and safety precautions. I would recommend them to all.

May depend where you are staying as far as pick up.

Hope this helps.
Andrew

CaptAl once bubbled...

I visit Barbados annually and stay on the South Coast at Sandy Beach Island Resort ( next door to Coral Sands .) I always dive off the "Scotch & Soda" , which is on a mooring directly in front of Sandy Beach ( about a 1 minute walk from Coral Sands.) The boats owner is Ram, who can usually be found at The Crystal Waters which is immediately next to ( but on the other side of ) Sandy Beach.....about a 1 1/2 minute walk from Coral Sands. Ask anyone there if Ram is about, they all know him and you will find him. If you are after some fun, casual diving Ram is your guy. He usually alternates dives between Muff reef and Carlisle Bay wrecks.
I was last there in November/02 and Ram was unavailable for a couple of days. I hooked up with Trevor ( works with Ram) and we dove off his boat "Bad Habbits" (SIC). "Bad Habbits" is on a mooring directly beside "Scotch & Soda." Trevor was great to dive with and very accomodating ( we did a night dive at Carlisle Bay and we dove the "Stavronikita," a 365 ft Greek freighter off the west coast.)

Do dive the "Stav." It is bolt upright and 130 ft to the keel. All levels of penetration available. Great wreck!

Also. operating out of the Sandy Beach Hotel is "One-on-One Scuba." I never dove with them as I have been diving with Ram and Trevor for years.

There you go, 3 operators a stones throw from your hotel!

Hi, thank you VERY much for dive op info close to Coral Sands. As someone who stays in that area frquently, I'd love to "pick your brain" on a few things about Barbados. Rather than take up board space I'd like to email you directly ... if you don't mind. You can contact me at arkrause@amherst.edu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom