Aeris atmos 2 stuck in CAL/CSM and diag mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What a revoltin' development!

I just finished a shallow dive this morning and wanted to pull the data from my Aeris Atmos 2. I had a devil of a time getting the laptop and the atmos talking to each other, but nothing I haven't seen before.

I finally got them talking after lots of cable wigglin', but then the laptopn SW said the dive data was invalid. I *think* that the 120 sec download mode countdown expired in the middle of the download. More importantly, this left the Atmos in what looked like "download mode", with all LCS segments displayed.

No button pressing of any kind could exit this mode.

However, after a few minutes, the Atmos reverted to what looked like normal surface mode.

When I tried the download again, this time I got "handshake failed" on the computer, and the Atmos seems stuck in some kind of loop.

I get "CAL" blinking, then "CSM" blinking, followed by all segments (with backlight), then the normal startup countdown (no backlight) and then back to CAL again.

It's been about 15 minutes and it still looks stuck.

Shouldn't be a battery issue as the Atmos is less than 3 months old, and has only 9 dives on it. The battery indicator was indicating full charge before and after the dive.

Any suggestions? If this has to go back to Aeris I'll have to admit to being quite unhappy :-(

OK, it looked like it was just going to sit there and run the battery completely down, so I opened it up and pulled the battery for 4 seconds, just like I was changing it, and now I get the normal start up screen, then ALT blinks a few times then it shuts off.

I'm guessing a bad pressure sensor? :-(

I'm at 900 ft above sea level here at home...

I've had an Atmos 2 and an XR2 both display the ALT to me and not stop, it is bad electronics, and they had to be returned to the manufacturer. It is not your altitude.

Kim

Well, I thought I would update everyone, since computer failures seem to be a popular discussion item on this board...

The computer went back to Aeris via the LDS; it was replaced under warranty. I had some questions about how to make sure that I would still have a warranty, since I got a new computer with a different serial number.

I ended up talking to a tech, and got the scoop: if the computer won't calibrate and gets stuck in the loop (as described) it is almost certainly either the pressure transducer, or (more rarely) the A/D converter between the transducers and the computer itself. Since mine was still in the queue to be evaluated, he didn't know what had gone wrong with my particular unit.

So, even though there was no reply here from Aeris, their service was great, and I'll be back in the water next week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom