Allegro Airlines/Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidguy

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone gone to Cozumel with the Red Seal/Sun Wing deal? Its a bit cheaper than the other packages - their air charter is Allegro Air with 2 aircraft (MD-83s) based out of Pearson TO.

????? I need input please

The last time I went to Cozumel was in 84 when there was only one major hotel on the island Hotel Cozumel Caribe. Now I hear its just one big rat race with over crowding from the cruise ships etc. Back than I went for 18 days for only $800 all inclusive. Happy holidays.

My husband and I travelled to Cozumel in October on Allegro Airlines and really liked the Mexican flair. The food was good (believe it or not) and they even served wine with meals if you like. No movie so bring a good book.
What's the price from Toronto if you don't mind me asking?

Well I've been looking into the deals at www.sunholidays.ca - click the blue tab next to "all holidays" select departure and destination points plus date. Red Seal flies Sunday out of Toronto, while Signature/Conquest using SkyService flies Saturday. $1058 plus taxes for 2 to Iberostar Jan 12. $1188 plus taxes for 2 to Iberostar Jan 19. (Allegro at same price)

OK my nervousness is calmed now since my initial search on Allegro Air didn't yield positive comments from a site called travelsucks (or something like that):eek:

Say Wetman... seems like you had a great time at the Occidental... was there a fridge in the room? Was the beach washed away or eroded as reported??

We booked through Itravel2000 for the same cost. I'm happy to add another discount broker to my list - I'm always on the look-out for vacation deals (not that I can always take advantage of them). :(
I'm not complaining cause I'm going to Coz. !!! :)

Yep, fridge was stocked daily with beer and other goodies.

And yes the beach was pretty much washed away. instead of a nice slope up to the pool, it was a bit of a flatter slop and a 3 or 4 foot cliff up to the pool a certain ways in. However, the beach between the grande and alegro was just fine (its about 40 feet up from just in front of the grande)

It really didnt matter though, there was still nice beach left if thats what you're there for. We didnt spend any time on the beach though so it didnt really matter.

The charters were excellent (if you did 8 or more they were 29 bux).

Pics of the place:

http://www.grandcozumel.com/main/html/multimedia.html

steve

Hey,

We are thinking of going to Cozumel this winter too. Up here in Sault Ste. Marie/Sudbury , there is no way I can make it through the winter!

I've been checking:

www.belairtravel.com
www.selloffvacations.com

Excellent last minute deals.

Back in October I saw an all-inclusive deal for $600 at the reef club. Add diving costs to that and the entire trip was under $1000.

Often I see all-inclusive deals for around $800.

Another option is to book flight separately. Sometimes they are as low as $200 out of Toronto. Hotel Dive packages are around $500 US. So it is possible to go for a week for under $1000 CAN all-inclusive plus diving.

I'm not picky for fancy hotels though.

Later,
Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom