Got a dilemma... what happens when you combine these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb416

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So... you've got DORK divers and then you've got DIR divers diving together... what does that end up combining/making/producing?

Is the result DIRK divers?

Or is it more dependent on a dominate/recessive gene matrix?

Help me on this one!! Might not sleep until it's resolved!

Hmmmm, it is like genetics. Blue eyes may be a recessive gene, but who doesn't like them? So a DIR + DORK dive will probably yield a DHF = Divers Having Fun. And like most mixed relationships, you may have trouble explaining it to the family, but in the end they will accept it and you. (or shun you for the rest of your life).

merxlin:
Hmmmm, it is like genetics. Blue eyes may be a recessive gene, but who doesn't like them? So a DIR + DORK dive will probably yield a DHF = Divers Having Fun. And like most mixed relationships, you may have trouble explaining it to the family, but in the end they will accept it and you. (or shun you for the rest of your life).

Yes... but if they shun you, were they really family to begin with?

ffestpirate:
Really sounds like an unholy alliance. I'd have a priest close by.
I'm sure what would turn out would end up being non-viable and wouldn't last.

wb416:
Even if it's radioactive goo, it's has to be useful for something, eh?
Yea...kinda like a Mule.

wb416:
So... you've got DORK divers and then you've got DIR divers diving together... what does that end up combining/making/producing?

Is the result DIRK divers?

Or is it more dependent on a dominate/recessive gene matrix?

Help me on this one!! Might not sleep until it's resolved!

After carefully reviewing the DORK diver sticky (http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=193433), I dont see anything there that conflicts with the basic principles of DIR.

In fact, several of their tenets revolve around safety, team environment, and dive planning, which are funamental parts of DIR.

In my opinion diving with a DORK doesnt seem to compromise the DIR standing at all, so there is no need to rename the resulting DORK/DIR team.

Cave Diver:
After carefully reviewing the DORK diver sticky (http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=193433), I dont see anything there that conflicts with the basic principles of DIR.

In fact, several of their tenets revolve around safety, team environment, and dive planning, which are funamental parts of DIR.

In my opinion diving with a DORK doesnt seem to compromise the DIR standing at all, so there is no need to rename the resulting DORK/DIR team.

But if we do, can we call our team "Shirley"?
http://sounds.wavcentral.com/movies/airplane/shirley.mp3

Back
Top Bottom