Am I a Dork Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mighty Thor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need some expert advice? Am I a Dork Diver, or just a Dork?

It took me longer to pick out a snorkel, than a reg.

I currently don't own a mask and have to borrow or rent one now. (Sometimes I steal my wife's mask, which doesn't fit)

I don't like Cool Aid, and would never want a sip while I am diving. (I get dehydrated easily)

I recently found a small rusted backup flashlight in my BC, that has probably been there for a couple of years. I apparently thought it was waterproof, which it was not. It had Bank of America or something like that written on the side. (I going to blame that one on my 4 year old)

Duct tape is the last accessory I bought.

The Mighty Thor:
I need some expert advice? Am I a Dork Diver, or just a Dork?

It took me longer to pick out a snorkel, than a reg.

I currently don't own a mask and have to borrow or rent one now. (Sometimes I steal my wife's mask, which doesn't fit)

I don't like Cool Aid, and would never want a sip while I am diving. (I get dehydrated easily)

I recently found a small rusted backup flashlight in my BC, that has probably been there for a couple of years. I apparently thought it was waterproof, which it was not. It had Bank of America or something like that written on the side. (I going to blame that one on my 4 year old)

Duct tape is the last accessory I bought.

Not based on the above, but only because you left out what color snorkel you bought. Wearing wife's mask is a definite plus, especially if it's pink, yellow or green.

Duct tape can be useful, but only if used on non-life essential gear. Mask strap, fin, hole in wetsuit - good. Holding reg to tank, fixing hole in HP hose- Bad. Remember, we have fun diving, but only if its done safely.

Read the DD manifesto and see if the flipper fits. Just check for gel based food coloring first. Otherwise you end up with Christmas Feet.

The rusted flashlight and duct tape qualify you for the "redneck diver" specialty certification, not sure about the dork thing :D

Well... I see that the Queen of Dorks has already welcomed you! Yes, I agree with all the others... you're definitely DORK DIVER material!

Welcome!

Sorry Thor, you dork now! :dork2:

merxlin:
Duct tape can be useful, but only if used on non-life essential gear. Mask strap, fin, hole in wetsuit - good. Holding reg to tank, fixing hole in HP hose- Bad. Remember, we have fun diving, but only if its done safely.

Sometimes you gotta go with duct tape and a zip tie on that second stage, though :wink: Wish I could find the photo my buddy took one day.

Welcome, fellow Dork :)

Just posting the question here puts you on the short list. Then to have TG, our queen bestow her blessings, well it’s almost a cinch. However, Mike is right, only with the proper use of duct tape will your admittance be granted – Ah heck, your in!

Dave

Sometimes you gotta go with duct tape and a zip tie on that second stage, though :wink: Wish I could find the photo my buddy took one day.

Welcome, fellow Dork :)

Well with a zip tie --- that's different. :D

Back
Top Bottom