Alladin dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencermm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone have any opinions on the Alladin dive computer?
Thanks,
Spencer

I have the Aladin Prime(http://www.scubapro.co.uk/products.asp?P=552). Got it 2 years ago while taking OW. Does Nitrox up to 50% so I've been able to use it without having to upgrade already. Simple to use and read. Stupidproof in my opinion. Still on it's first battery and plenty of charge left. I can change the battery out myself.

I started out with the Aladin Prime, moved up to the Tec and now also a Tec 2G. Great computers, also able to use in Guage mode. For General and Nitrox Dives the Aladin Prime is all you need. Some Distributors have been selling the Aladin Tec very cheap since the 2G has been introduced. Locally the Dive Shop was selling the Tec for $375 CDN.

Interesting enough I've done a few stupid things and my Aladin's and have never "SOS" me , locked me out or given me stupid Deco times (unlike my buddies Cobra). The other great thing is the batteries are $3.97 at Walmart and are user changable. I usually go through a battery every 15-18 months (125-150 dives) and we dive cold up here in Canada (32 degree).

Overall a great package, get a Tec if you can find one cheap. If not the Prime is awsome, the only thing is there is no Guage mode on the Prime.

Hope this helps.

Happy with my Tec2G.

I highly recommend them. What model are you thinking of getting? There are several, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, depending on the type of diving you want it for.

Back
Top Bottom