Why won't my PC recognize my Hyperaqualand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SMKChef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a circa 1995 HyperAqualand Citizen dive watch. For years I never used the interface because as a Snorkeler I didn't go below 12 feet. Now that I am a certified scuba diver I want to download all the info from my watch to my PC. I was reading about IDL (Internet Dive Log) and found that it would download info from my watch. So, I pulled out the box, found a cable, hooked cable to PC, pushed the mode button for 3 seconds and waited to see if info was being downloaded. Nothing happened. I am running XP Pro on a Pentium 850. Anyone know what the deal is? BTW, the reason I am not running the original Citizen software is that both of the disks I have are unreadable by my PC.

Did you move the watch mode to PLOG? The watch has to be in this mode to transfer any data. Are you hooked up to your serial port? My cable is the RS232C. The communication unit is 25 pins and my serial port is a 9 pin. Windows 98 had no trouble loading the Aquagraph program. You can go to the Citizen home page, www.citizenwatch.com and download the Aquagraph version 2, which is the latest one. Hope this helped. :tree: Bob

Chances are that the programs that came with the watch are for Win pre98.

I know I have had problems with some older software/hardware that XP doesn't recognize.

I d/l mine through IDL with no problems BUT I was using my old laptop with Windows 98. The newer PC with Win ME (which sucks!) is a pain to hook up the d/l hardware in the back so I've never used it. The new laptop has Win XP Home but I need the correct cable. However, I had problems with some of my older programs running on XP. Sorry, wasn't much help with the computer part! But I'm pretty sure you just need a more current Citizen program.

Did you move the watch mode to PLOG? The watch has to be in this mode to transfer any data.

Bob, you left out a step. After you have the watch in PLOG mode, hold down both MODE and TIME buttons for a few seconds until it goes to T R (transfer) mode. Now it's ready to place in the cradle and start transferring data.

I have been looking for the correct Citizen site for a while. I always ended up at the Citizen main site, not the watch site. I did dl the new software and while I was there read that the software for Win XP will be available at the end of January. Guess I have to wait a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom