Dove Gilboa 1/5/03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avalanchediver

Registered
Reaction score
Had a couple of great dived at Gilboa yesterday. Mike and Jody were great hoasts and we had some excellent burgers. I heard there was an accident there last summer. They would not talk about it. Anybody have any info on the details of that accident?

Thanks

Eric P :confused:

avalanchediver once bubbled...
Had a couple of great dived at Gilboa yesterday. Mike and Jody were great hoasts and we had some excellent burgers. I heard there was an accident there last summer. They would not talk about it. Anybody have any info on the details of that accident?

Thanks

Hey... I was there Saturday also... were you with the group with the Ontario plates? I dove with a couple of buddies from Platform #1. One of them had the truck & red trailer with Indiana plates.

As to the accident last year... the legal advice has been to refrain from comment on the unfortunate incident.

Perhaps I'll catch up with you there sometime.

wb

cwb once bubbled...

Hey... I was there Saturday also... were you with the group with the Ontario plates? I dove with a couple of buddies from Platform #1. One of them had the truck & red trailer with Indiana plates.

wb

CWB
He could not have been the Ontario diver if he was from Port Huron. I did see that truck with all the ocean graphics on it. I asked the guy about it and told him it was impressive. We were diving in the back with the group from Indianapolis that were retrieving the X-mas tree. I was with ICUROK, Ray Werner in the motor home.. It was a very fun day of diving.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Nitrox Junkie once bubbled...

CWB
He could not have been the Ontario diver if he was from Port Huron.
Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Just 'cause he's not from Ontario doesn't mean that he wasn't with the group, now does it... I didn't ask if he was the driver, but if he was with the group... Last I looked, the easiest way to travel down from Ontario to Gilboa was through Michigan...

...or are there special rules about cross-pollinating dive buddies across the border and picking up hitchhikers/divers in Michigan.... ;-)

wb

cwb once bubbled...

Just 'cause he's not from Ontario doesn't mean that he wasn't with the group, now does it... I didn't ask if he was the driver, but if he was with the group... Last I looked, the easiest way to travel down from Ontario to Gilboa was through Michigan...

...or are there special rules about cross-pollinating dive buddies across the border and picking up hitchhikers/divers in Michigan.... ;-)

wb

Uptight? let me see if I can answer you questions without getting as involved.

No. Probably. No rules that I know of. I hope I have answered any questions you may of had.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

avalanchediver once bubbled...
I heard there was an accident there last summer. They would not talk about it. Anybody have any info on the details of that accident?

Thanks

one of the members from our dive club was there when it happened and what I was told is that it was a heart attack.

many times as I have learned when divers die doing what they love it is not always from an accident or equipment, it is from heart attack which can happen jogging, riding a bike or just sitting down

This was the man who died.

James L. Colopy View/Sign Guest Book

James L. Colopy, DDS

GREEN James L. Colopy, DDS, 49, died unexpectedly Sunday, June 9, 2002.

He was born in Detroit, Mich., and had been an Akron area resident for most of his life. He was a 1971 graduate of Kenmore High School, attended the University of Akron for three years, and received his Doctor of Dental Science from Case Western University in 1978. Following his graduation, he began his dental practice in Firestone Park and, in honor of his lifelong commitment, his family and staff are dedicated to keeping his office open and a vibrant part of the community which he loved. He was also certi fied by Baylor University in Aesthetic and Cosmetic Dentistry and was a member of the Akron Dental Society, where he served as presi dent in 1996-'97, the American Dental Association, and the South Akron Lions Club.

Dr. Colopy is survived by his wife of 22 years, Dottie; sons, James and David, and daughter, Erin; mother, Hope Colopy; mother-in- law, Dorothy Hudak; sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Maryellen and Robert Meden; special friend of the family, Joshua Compton; many aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, and dear friends, and was preceded in death by his fa ther, James R. Colopy.

A celebration of Jim's life will be held Friday, 11 a.m., at the Kucko- Anthony-Kertesz Funeral Home, 95 W. Waterloo Rd., Akron, Ohio 44319, Rev. Fr. Steve Brunovsky officiating. Cremation will follow. The family will receive friends TODAY from 4 to 8 p.m. at the funeral home. In keeping with the celebra tion of Jim's life, the family has requested that visitors wear bright colors to the visitation and services. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Colopy Children Edu cational Fund, c/o the funeral home. (Kucko-Anthony-Kertesz, 330-724-1281, kakfh.com)

Please sign the guestbook at www.ohio.com/obituaries

Well I figured but was not sure. I detected a bit of a blood pressure spike and was confused as to why. I did mis read your post and thought about correcting myself but didn't deem it necessary. Glad to hear your not :upset: . Smiles all the way around. Mabe we can shake hands at Gilboa on the 18th if you decide to go on the trip the KPP has planned.. Talk to ya later.:)

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Nitrox Junkie once bubbled...
Well I figured but was not sure. I detected a bit of a blood pressure spike and was confused as to why. I did mis read your post and thought about correcting myself but didn't deem it necessary. Glad to hear your not :upset: . Smiles all the way around. Mabe we can shake hands at Gilboa on the 18th if you decide to go.. Talk to ya later.:)

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Would be great to hook up with you sometime...
I tend to be flippant and sarcastic, but that doesn't translate well in posts :)

later,
wb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom