Suunto Dive Mgr Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crispy

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally recieved my Suunto Dive Mgr (x-mas gift) and hooked it up. All appears fine.......Except,
...That my computer is counting one of my dives as two of it's dives. I had a brief si (11:20) and then continued on with my dive.

Does anyone know if/how I can combine the two dives to appear as one? I'm probably exhibiting some anal retentive properties here but I would like the numbers from my actual dive log and my dive mgr. to add up.

any help will be appreciated.

-Crispy

Thanks JeffAustin,

Any way of combining the log entries though? I thought about just foolin around with the program, but I figure best ask for the correct answer BEFORE finding several wrong answers on my own. I have been given a special talent of being able to really scr*w things up.:D

-Crispy

You can do two things with it, none of which are a great answer.

1. Ignore it and take credit for extra dives.

2. Use the Custom Fields to store a number for your dives. The bad part is that you end up having to keep up on the count yourself. Also, you have two dive logs for the same dive, and if you print them, then you have two pages for the dive.

Crispy once bubbled...
Does anyone know if/how I can combine the two dives to appear as one? I'm probably exhibiting some anal retentive properties here but I would like the numbers from my actual dive log and my dive mgr. to add up.

Hokay, here's my suggestion:

Choose one of your dives as the one you'll keep. Probably the longer of the two. Go to the other dive, and print it out. If you don't have a printer, you'll have to do it the manual way!

Now go back to the first dive, and edit the profile to adjust for the other dive. (ie, increment the time primarily, and if appropriate adjust the max depth) You can also manually add the profile points if you want to go that far.

Save the dive, then in the Dives browser, right-click the one you don't want any more, and select Ignore. It will not be downloaded again, and will not count as a dive number.

I think I may keep it simple and just take credit for the dive. It was 28 mins and the brief s/i (11 mins) was to hop on the boat to finish the dive at a different end of the reef line. I think it would pass a two dives.....? I think.....:rolleyes:
This option would probably be easiest as my manual dive log has about 18 dives in it right now.

Froop thanks for the tip, however if I do this will the dive log actually correct for the dive number discrepancy?

-crispy

Crispy once bubbled...
Froop thanks for the tip, however if I do this will the dive log actually correct for the dive number discrepancy?

Yes it will Crispy. If I remember correctly, the online help lists this feature as useful for keeping two seperate logbooks.

For example, if your loaned your computer for someone for a weekend (allowing a sufficient interval for the algorithm to clear, obviously), you wouldn't want their dives in your log.

So after marking them as 'ignored', the dive log assumes they were never there. I use the feature to remove all logged free dives out of my SCUBA log, and vice versa.

One minor bug I have noticed, and I believe this feature to be the cause, is that although the dive numbering is corrected, the alternate colouring of dive series is not.

Thanks froop!

I was even able to insert my O/W ceckout dives manualy. I didn't have my computer for them. My dive numbers were changed to the correct config.

Thanks again.
-Crispy

Back
Top Bottom