Aeris Atmos 2 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splitlip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had a situation where my Atmos 2 shut off on me for no apparent reason. It went back to Aeris and was returned to me. The problem was identified as simply a dead battery.
I thought this odd as I never got a low battery indicator. Non the less I figured I would move on and just be pro-active and change the battery every year.

Well, yesterday with a brand new battery and no dives on the computer since the new battery, I had another battery related situation.
When I went into the "set 1" mode to set my mix, I got a flashing low battery indicator. I went to my backup computer and made my dive. When I boarded the boat an hour later, I saw that my Atmos 2 was happily ticking along with the full battery icon displayed on it's face.
As I type this, . Well I was going to say the thing is working fine with a full battery icon. The display has just gone dead however. If I turn it on, it begins the self test display and then goes dead.
now this is odd. The screen just started flashing unrecognizable charcters and slowely booted back.

Any body seen or heard of anything like this?
Thanks

I have the same computer and did a premature battery change on mine and my wife's for the same reason. When the problem recurred I did some research.

If you search the computer form and maybe this one you can the explanation (from an official source I think) that this computer has a very heavy power draw on initialization and will cause the low battery indicator to appear. If power were truly too low to safely support a dive it will not provide a normal screen to let you begin the dive.

The problem is exacerbated when a battery brand other that the OEM brand is used. Even though batteries have the same trade number they can have very different power delivery curves.

As to your latest issue, I don't know but it could be true premature battery failure.

Pete

The dead battery issue, meaning it says it is but isn't, happens all the time. This is what happened on your boat dive. Nothing you can do about it.
As for turning on and then off again, don't know and haven't heard of that one.

Thanks Guys. I am heading back to the shop in the morning.

FYI, the computer clock reset to 12:00 2 hours and 43 minutes ago when I originally posted. I just noticed I have the low battery icon flashing. Wait now I have full battery icon.

Well Aeris has been very responsive to me in the past with their product support. I'll post the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom