Computer prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wreck Ranger

Reaction score
What can I expect to pay for a Uwatec Smart Pro (wrist)? I have a price for $400. I think it's the best I will find but wanted to querry the board to make sure it was the best.

Thanks in advance for all your help
Wreck Ranger

madmole,

Thanks for your speedy responce. I thought that the price I had was pretty good. thank you for clarifying that. Can you believe it, that's a price from my LDS that I have been dealing with for 15 years. I wish everyone had an LDS like mine. Granted I used to work for them but they are great.

Thanks again
Wreck Ranger

Check Leisure Pro. They consistently have excellent prices on computers

Uwatec warranty is honored only if equip. was purchased from a authorized dealer. LeisurePro is not a auth.drl.

Just a thought.

LP's warranty is as good as Uwatec's - they cover it for the same amount of time and under the same terms.

I'm sure for the most part you won't have problems with Uwatec's products but, read the fine print from whoever you purchase it from. You be the judge.

is going to be "serviced".

It will be replaced if it fails.

That's just how it works these days with electronics.

I have a friend who had a problem with somethign they got from LP (a light.) They replaced it immediately - with a new one - in three days, door-to-door.

That's better than 99% of the dive shops out there, who would send it back to the manufacturer AND MAKE YOU WAIT for them to return it.

I'm sure we all want that "fail" senario to happen. I know I do. But be careful to compare a $40 flashlight and a $400 computer.

All I'm saying is do your homework before you buy.

I bought my new ScubaPro MK25/S600 and Seaquest Balance BC from Leisure Pro, and got a great price. Sure I'll have to pay for parts at service time but I got a great price.

I have only good things to say about Leisure Pro. My local dive shop charges at least 1 1/2 times LP price.

You're not going to get any better service from your LDS.

All they'll do is box it and send it to the manufacturer. You're gonna wait for a replacement if you buy it from a LDS as well.

This is why the LDS is losing to the LPs - they refuse to provide the service level that would actually make paying their (much) higher price worthwhile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom