What's Scuba Pro Doing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Archer

Reaction score
I live in San Diego and Scuba Pro has gotten rid of several distributors lately. They have kept only 2 in the San Diego area I.B. Divers and Ocean Enterprises. I called OE too see about getting my regulators serviced and it was a 4 to 6 week wait. Anyone else experiencing this with Scuba Pro in your areas?

I believe that it might be stores are getting rid of scubapro instead of the other way around. They are probably experiencing the same things we did several years ago, and decided enough is enough.

It's unfortunate to see a company that used to be on top slipping like this, but their consumer (the dealers) demand a bit more in the way of customer service than they have been receiving and a fairer market place and company policies. At least that's the consensus I've gotten from stores I've talked to.

I know it was that way with one of the stores, but the other two I called said Scuba Pro dropped them. So I don't know, I know it makes it very difficult to get my gear serviced and worked on

Well upon doing some research here is what I have found.... Spoke with Ralph at IB Divers they are a 1 week turn around (619-424-6547) and Underwater schools of Amer. in Oceanside are also a 1 week turn around (760-722-7826). This will require a little drive time but is a much better option that 4 - 6 weeks at Ocean Enterprises.......

We run pretty consistent at 3 days to turn out a full rebuild. Shipping from Texas to California can be 3-4 days depending on which area you are in.

I can vouch for the rapid turn round and quality service. I've been shipipng my regs to Scubatoys for a couple of years since my LDS's prices went through the roof. A couple of weeks ago, I shipped them 3 first stages and 6 second stages and got them back in one week. They did agreat job as usual.

Allen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom