Is there any trade in program for older DiveRite canister lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm considering purchasing a used HID can light, and have heard that there is some sort of trade in or upgrade program for your lights. Is this true, and if so what are the details?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your interest in buying a Dive Rite canister light. We do not have a trade-in program. Dive Rite only sells product direct through our dealers. What we do offer is service directly to customers.

Occasionally, when an older product comes in for service, we may recommend an upgrade vs. a repair and we attempt to make that upgrade cost-effective for the customer. This is sometimes misinterpreted as a "trade-in" program, but in effect we are just offering an upgrade for a customer who already owns a Dive Rite product. This upgrade is only available to the original purchaser and excludes used-product purchases (which are not covered under our warranty).

I hope this helps clarify. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Kathleen

Do you still service products that were purchased used? It seems like a good deal for the light, but I dont want to end up finding out the battery or light head is old technology, and not much use anymore, or the battery life is low and find out I can't have it serviced.

Do you still service products that were purchased used? It seems like a good deal for the light, but I dont want to end up finding out the battery or light head is old technology, and not much use anymore, or the battery life is low and find out I can't have it serviced.

Sure, we are happy to evaluate and service your light. There is just no warranty period since it is purchased used. What kind of light are you thinking of purchasing? Alkaline or NiMH battery? HID or Halogen bulb? NiMH and HID will be newer technology.

Best,
Kathleen

It's an HID, but I'm not sure if it's NiMH or not.

I'm sure DR will service anything they've previously sold.

For the right price.....

I had a problem with a canister light that I bought used. In trying to fix it myself I hacked up the connector on the battery pretty badly.
Diverite fixed the original problem (broken wire in the cable) as well as the mess I had made and charged me the princely sum of $35. Very reasonable IMHO

I am the official canister light disposal center. All lights being disposed of for any reason should be sent directly to me to use...errr...dispose of, properly. And to answer a common question, yes, I will even accept your newer and still working HID lights. :wink: As an added bonus value, I will extend this service free of charge to Scubaboard members. All you pay is shipping.

Sideband, I just wanted to thank you for such a gracious offer on your behalf. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom