Nitek Duo- Deco Mode Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

battles2a5

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, just a quick question about the Nitek Duo. I just got mine and I read the manual last night. I have a question about deco mode. It looks like the computer no longer displays to total run time of the dive once you enter deco mode. Instead, it displays the next stop time and total ascent time (stops plus ascents). Is this the case? So if I cut tables and am tracking my total bt, do I have to switch to the alternate dive display mode to see the total dive time? Or does it alternate on the primary screen? Just looking for a little clarification as it wasn't clear in the manual.

Thanks in advance!
Ryan

Pretty sure you have to switch to the alternate screen.

Annoying isn't it? My Aeris computer does the same thing. My Duo clone died a while ago so I dont use it anymore.

Good reason to carry a back up bottom timer.

Hi Ryan,

Good question. Once the DUO hits deco, you have to punch the alternate dive screen (right-hand button) to see your TDT. The total dive time does not automatically come up once in deco.

I usually wear a watch as my secondary/back up timing device and I have learned to glance at my watch before I descend so I always have a mental note of my TBT with or without the DUO.

Hope that helps. Thanks for reading the manual!
Kathleen

Ok, that's what I thought. I'll be using my Veo 200 is guage mode right next to the Duo, so I don't think it will be a big deal. Just thought it was a little odd. Although I suppose it makes sense to let someone know how long they HAVE to be in the water, but I prefer to plan for that to begin with and time my stops accordingly. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thanks for the quick reply.

So if I cut tables and am tracking my total bt, do I have to switch to the alternate dive display mode to see the total dive time? Or does it alternate on the primary screen? Just looking for a little clarification as it wasn't clear in the manual.

Thanks in advance!
Ryan

You can put it into gage mode and use it as a bottom timer. Otherwise you have to hit the right hand button. It is my major gripe about the Duo. What I like about it is the large numbers that I can still just read without bifocals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom