Minimus Same Reg as Shadow+?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markfm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I started with a Shadow+, switched to a Minimus for DM things.

I'd like to convert my Shadow+ to another standard octo configuration, a la the Minimus.

Is the actual Shadow+ 2nd stage the same as the Minimus left hand version? It looks exactly the same, with perhaps the adjustment screw on the Shadow+ set slightly differently.

When I check an old Sport Diver magazine, I see "The unit includes a Minimus second stage".

Thanks!

Dear markfm,

By in large these are the same Octos. There are a couple of Shadow + parts that get removed and are replaced with a Minimus fitting. You are correct. Talk to the technician at your LDS. They should be able to convert it without a lot of issues.

Good diving,

Thanks for getting back to me -- looks like it needs one adapter piece, to get from the Minimus regulator assembly (the thread on it) to a standard octo termination, a little conical metal adapter. The shop I DM for said they'd take a poke at it.
(Of course, you could just make life easy, send one to me or them :) )

Thanks again, understandable (I hope they have the part in stock). By the way, good job on responsiveness -- you've really turned things around since earlier this past Summer.

Back
Top Bottom