Tekna Balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstonedvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So how do you get your Tekna neutral? I have never tried, I just ran it like it was until the other day...I though after looking at X video's you know that looks a lot better than the dpv being negative...so I had a leg I cut out of a old 7 mil and it fit over the outside of the body and I believe it helped some..so anybody got any solutions...I plan on getting two X's if things fall into place and making the Tekna a loaner...
Yarg

What brand/type of batteries do you have in it? Maybe you could use some lighter ones.

Don't know, just ones that will fit...one, the older one was in the scooter when I got it and the other came from a local supplier after the other one blew up on a liveaboard when they changed generators and the voltage dropped....that was a mess...I'm amazed it still runs.. but it ran for 45 min. and was still running fine when I got out Sat.

You can attach closed PVC tubes to the shroud or nose in order to give it more bouyancy. Getting it balanced fore-aft is more problematic. My Mako is neutral but sits nose up in saltwater with Powersonic 21Ah batteries. Its basically unusable in freshwater since its pretty negative. I have not tried adding bouyancy myself, but if I did I'd use something that doesn't change with depth.

Here are the pic I recall for added bouyancy tubes:
Tekna044s.jpg

It was made negative on purpose so you could park it on the bottom and swim off, hopefully remembering where you left it. Aside from putting a & MM wetsuit envelope on it there is nothing really that can be done that doesn't look sorta stupid. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom