Baggage in Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timetraveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My buddy and I are planning a trip to Egypt. The idea is to fly into Cairo using frequent flier tickets on a US airline. Then take a domestic flight to Sharm where we'll spend a week diving. After that we have a few days elsewhere, followed by a two week tour originating in Cairo.
We want to take our own dive gear, but

1. Will we be able to take that much luggage on an Egyptian domestic flight?

2. Where can we store our dive gear while we're on tour?

I mean that the two week tour starts in Cairo, goes to Alexandria, up the Nile, and returns to Cairo.

Do you know how much baggage is allowed on Egypt Air? I checked their website, but it's a bit confusing. If I'm reading it right, we won't be allowed enough weight to take along dive gear.

Not sure about the bagage limits but just leave your dive gear at your hotel in Cairo. Just pick out a good hotel that will lock it up. And for fun hits up "Fats" in Cairo for some good local fast food. They also have a resturant that is good.

Oh, save the diving for the end of the trip ... much more relaxing.

I mean that the two week tour starts in Cairo, goes to Alexandria, up the Nile, and returns to Cairo.

Do you know how much baggage is allowed on Egypt Air? I checked their website, but it's a bit confusing. If I'm reading it right, we won't be allowed enough weight to take along dive gear.

I flew last June from Cairo to Sharm with a 60lb gear bag, a duffle bag containing my cloth and two more duffle bags each containing an E130 steel tank (weighing about 46 lb each) and did not pay a cent extra. They will be more than happy to accommodate you.

When we flew to Egypt via Egypt Air they gave us an extra 10 kg "divers allowance" - so we could carry 30 kg. Plus they never weighed our hand luggage, I had 14 kg.

I am in sharm right now. My trip went through Amsterdam and then we connected with Martinair. Their weight limits are 20kg + 5 kg dive gear addition.

Back
Top Bottom