Help w/indentify regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northen diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Could you help me identify a couple of regulators

MVC-003F.jpg

MVC-001F.jpg

With the cover of the second stage being grey, I am thinking a Blizzard or Oasis?
SRB5900 orSRB5700?

Could you tell me about the yellow Octo? About what year and models of both regs.

MVC-002F.jpg

MVC-002F.jpg

Could you tell me about what year this set is. Is it a SRB3200 or SRB3300?

Thank you

without a closer picture, the top pic looks like the older oasis (i have 2, one grey about 10yrs old and one black about 5yrs old) with a slimline occy

need closeup pic

cheers

I assume someone is offering to sell the regulator rig to you used?

With your experience you may know this already... but for what it's worth (maybe not much), see those two red plastic rings around the second-stage hose protector? They're supposed to be removed when undergoing annual service with a Sherwood dealer within the initial two-year warranty... one ring at the first annual service, and the second during the second service. That's so dealers can easily keep track of when the reg is still within warranty, like for free parts.

I'm sure the yellow rings around the octo hose protector are supposed to work the same way.

I think there are a lot of dealers who don't remove the rings (like on my Sherwood), and you'd need to get the regs serviced anyway... but just maybe something to ask about...

Oh... this link may help you identify these things...

--Marek

With your experience you may know this already... but for what it's worth (maybe not much), see those two red plastic rings around the second-stage hose protector? They're supposed to be removed when undergoing annual service with a Sherwood dealer within the initial two-year warranty... one ring at the first annual service, and the second during the second service. That's so dealers can easily keep track of when the reg is still within warranty, like for free parts.

I'm sure the yellow rings around the octo hose protector are supposed to work the same way.

I think there are a lot of dealers who don't remove the rings (like on my Sherwood), and you'd need to get the regs serviced anyway... but just maybe something to ask about...

--Marek

double post.......deleted

--Marek

Marek: Thanks for the info. I like the T54 tank in your profile:D

I am hoping that the Sherwood rep. can give me the model numbers of these regs and approximate age. I have dove both sets and they breath great. Just would like to know more about them since I now own them.

Well, from the picture it is difficult to tell whether the primary is an Oasis or Blizzard. No that there is much difference; just the Teflon coating on some of the metal parts in the 2nd stage. In warm water they will breathe just the same. In cold/freezing water the Blizzard will not freeze up like the Oasis may. So if you are not planning on ice diving, there is nothing to worry about. Now as for the age of these. Almost impossible to tell from the pictures. This model of the Oasis/Blizzard started about 12-14 years ago and we changed to a new purge cover in 2004. So this regulator is somewhere between 3 and 14 years. I know a huge range. I wish there was more I could offer.

As for the Octo; that is the Minimus Octopus. It has been in the line for over 10 years and is still in the line today. I would guess it was purchased at the time the regulator was, but that is an assumption on my part.

The good thing to know is that we still have the parts to service both of these regs and Sherwood regs are built to last a heck of a long time. You should be able to dive these regs for a good long time.

Good diving,

Sherwood Scuba

Well, from the picture it is difficult to tell whether the primary is an Oasis or Blizzard. No that there is much difference; just the Teflon coating on some of the metal parts in the 2nd stage. In warm water they will breathe just the same. In cold/freezing water the Blizzard will not freeze up like the Oasis may. So if you are not planning on ice diving, there is nothing to worry about. Now as for the age of these. Almost impossible to tell from the pictures. This model of the Oasis/Blizzard started about 12-14 years ago and we changed to a new purge cover in 2004. So this regulator is somewhere between 3 and 14 years. I know a huge range. I wish there was more I could offer.

As for the Octo; that is the Minimus Octopus. It has been in the line for over 10 years and is still in the line today. I would guess it was purchased at the time the regulator was, but that is an assumption on my part.

The good thing to know is that we still have the parts to service both of these regs and Sherwood regs are built to last a heck of a long time. You should be able to dive these regs for a good long time.

Good diving,

Sherwood Scuba

Thank you Sherwood for the help with identifying the regs. You have a great product and great customer service.

looks like an old blizzard needs lds to open up and check for sure ocyo also need sa look ...sluggo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom