Uwatec Digital - 2 SImple Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brizzolatti

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, guys. The instructions for the Digital say that it is calibrated for fresh water and that it shows depth in the sea at greater than the actual depth. It doesn't say what the gap between actual and that shown on the guage is. Is it minimal or is this a serious issue?

Also, the Digital has a setting for maximum depth - am I right in thinking you put in here what your max depth is to be and it will tell you if you exceed it? If so, how do you programme the max depth??

Thanks for any insights. I know it's a simple, very basic machine but I am a simple person!

brizzolatti once bubbled...
Hi, guys. The instructions for the Digital say that it is calibrated for fresh water and that it shows depth in the sea at greater than the actual depth. It doesn't say what the gap between actual and that shown on the guage is. Is it minimal or is this a serious issue?

Also, the Digital has a setting for maximum depth - am I right in thinking you put in here what your max depth is to be and it will tell you if you exceed it? If so, how do you programme the max depth??

Thanks for any insights. I know it's a simple, very basic machine but I am a simple person!

There is about one foot per ATM difference. It is not really an issue, you dive to the depth shown on the face and don't worry whether its fresh or salt.

Yes, it will alarm at a set depth. Don't know how to set it as that is what you should be doing. Relying on alarms to determine max depth is not good.

Phil

The conversion between Fresh & Sea water is 3%.
So when your at 60 fsw your bottom timer will read 62 feet.
When at 100 fsw your bottom timer will read 103. It’s no big deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom