What is your dream dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I am curious to what people think of as their "dream dive"??

Mine: Diving in Norway with Killer Whales(ooopps I mean Orcas-got to be more P.C.) and a rebreather. Has anyone ever done this dive??? What was it like. I literally do dream of this dive quite often.

"You go inside the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water, The [Orca]'s in the water ... our [Orca]..."

"Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies...
Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain...
For we've received orders for to sail back to
Boston and so nevermore shall we be seeing you again..."

-- Quint

Sorry... :wink:

Bill

I thought I would like to visit the Bahamas to have all those much publicised shark encounters.

Then there is the Galapagos and all those hammerheads.

But now, the ultimate dream dive has to be in South Africa. Eye to eye with those great white sharks. No fear. Of course inside a cage. :)

Met some divers who had been there, they say that on the day they dived, there were 8 divers on the boat. The cage can only hold 2 divers at a time and each diver is allowed to stay for only 15 minutes. Of course they said the first couple of minutes, they thought they were gonna die, soon, they realize they can trust the cage after all. 15 minutes may seem like a short time but they said it's more than enough. Very expensive dive too. They paid approx 160 USD each person. Option for underwater video is even more expensive.

Deep virgin natural wreck out of my homeport of Jacksonville.Past the ledge,so it'll be 180+, lots of big fish and drift deco watching pelagics.I have the numbers,just a logistical nightmare to get there.Can I get a bigger boat Honey?

I am scheduled to do my dream dive 8/18 (originally scheduled for 7/7 but the boat had to reschedule).

Shark dive off Catalina Island, starting out in the cage and then getting the chance to go outside of the cage with a safety diver to get some "up close and personal photos" I hope. Cost - $148, the experience - "priceless".

While boating on a beautiful sunny late July day on Lake Huron, my depth finder picks up the profile of a possible wreck. I anchor and descend and find the the virgin remains of LaSalle's 17th century Griffon* with masts intact and artifacts a'plenty (including an unexpected amout of gold and silver objects and a cannon or two). No zebra mussels would be on the ship, visibilty would be 100' and the water temperature would be a comfortable 70F! (this is a dream dive, right?)

*For those not from the Great Lakes area, the Griffon was the first ship lost on the Great Lakes and it's discovery is the fantasy of every wreck hunter and diver in the region.

taj mahal cenote with either jessica alba, jaime pressly or that blone aquanuaght chick, and having sex in the light chamber underwater.

hmmmmmm guess my idea of a dream dive will sound really mundane :) a trip to sipadan or bunaken islands - unlimited diving, ending the day with a night dive, frolicking under the stars with a gorgeous like-minded diver, followed by skinny dipping preferably accompanied by some playful yet cute marine creatures, followed by more frolicking on the beach (away from prying eyes, and not too much sand please!), snuggling under the stars and telling each other funny childhood stories, witnessing the sun rise together, stagger off for breakfast, and the start of another day of unlimited diving!

more like a dream diving vacation! now if only i can find that ideal one ;-)

Hi all of you!
it seams that for those of us who are crazy about the wrecks there is only one option - a virgin wreck - accessible and lots of artifacts on it. Some people have made a fortune on this.
N.

I have so many dream dives yet to accomplish! Whale sharks, sperm whales, orcas, great whites. I want to experience them all! In the San Juan Islands of Washington State, I got in the water when the orcas were traveling through (snorkle and tethered to the boat) but they did not come close enough for me to see them.

Back
Top Bottom