Boot for Atmos 2??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Call Joe at Scuba Gear and Scuba Diving Equipment dive gear and order the boot from them. If they tell you no they don't sell it, tell them yes they do because they just sold one to my dive buddy after she decided to ditch her console. If they still tell you no, shoot me a PM and I will get the part number for you and you can call them back and tell them the part number and they can order it for you. You have to order the boot and wrist strap as two separate items.

When you install the boot and new strap, put the wrist strap on first and then thread the straps through the boot. You will need a couple of small flat screw drivers and a bit of time to work the boot onto the computer. It took me about 10 minutes of effort to work the boot on. Just go slow and it should be fairly easy.

Hi,
I think you misunderstood, I want to go FROM wrist TO Console... I need the console boot if there is one.
Thanks for the reply though

Danny

Suunto gauges are typically a different size than oceanic. If you give me measurements of your gauges... diameter and depth, I'm sure we have something that fits. Tusa uses a lot of Suunto gauges - so give us a shout, I'm sure we can come up with something.l

The problem with the Atmos 2 is that you need access to the side button. That means you may have to x-acto a cutout into your boot, unless it's specifically designed for the Atmos 2.

Oh, the other problem are the lugs on the bottom of the Atmos 2, to which the wrist straps actually fasten with long steel pins. Again, unless the console boot is specifically designed for the Atmos 2, you'll probably have to saw off the lugs :11: to get the computer to fit.

So if/when you do find even an Aeris console boot, either make sure it's specifically for the Atmos 2... or be prepared to make some modifications, like I had to. Fits fine now!

--Marek

Thats exactly what I'm looking for, an Atmos 2 Console boot... made specifically for the Atmos 2 and the Suunto console. I have done what Marek said, I removed the Depth guage from the console and took out the Atmos from the wrist boot. I had to cut a hole for the side button and a slot for the downloader connection in the boot.

I'm kinda anal about having nice things so I wanted to get the right boot. The closest thing was that link on my original post but not sure if the Suunto pressure guage will fit in that console. It has the boot made for the Atmos on top....

Thanks again guys

Danny

I'm going the other way. I have an almost like new Aeris boot WITH a compass. I will trade you straight up for the wrist strap. I even have the special mounting block needed inside the boot for the computer AND the special pin that goes through where the wrist band was. No cutting needed. I also have a depth gauge for it, if you need that it'll be a bit more $. PM me.

I also have another like new (2 years old but, like, 6 dives and meticulously cared for) console with a depth gauge, atmos 2, and compass for sale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom