Anybody Know What the property Tax Deadline is all About?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IIRC, this has to do with appraised home value escalation, driving up the tax assesments. The retiree's who purchased their home 30-40 years ago for less than $100G's are now assessed taxes for a property worth over a Million, and social security checks just aren't enough!

Not sure why the dedline is today.

Can't speak for Hawaii and don't know why "today" is special ...but in Wyoming the whole deadline thing is about the date that the tax revenue package has to be finalized and submitted by the various county assessors to the state.

If you are entitled to an exemption on your property taxes ...say like in the "homestead" or "veterans" categories, you need to file the paperwork and have your assessment adjusted before that deadline date. Once the assessor files the tax revenue package to the state it's too late for you to claim it.

If you aren't eligible for any exemptions you probably don't need to worry about the deadline.

If you aren't eligible for any exemptions you probably don't need to worry about the deadline.

yes, it is for low income or over 75 yrs old, I found out.

..Halemano, first you take my talk radio, and now I don't get ANY tax breaks! ugh..look out: capital gains is going to 30% OR it will just be taxed as income at 40-50%. If you are gonna sell stuff, do it soon. Hillary has plans for your money. Gotta pay for those "baby bonds". Hmm...what country, what country? I did not realize we have the HIGHEST corporate tax rate in the world! ...that should kill us.

say like in the "homestead" or "veterans" categories, you need to file the paperwork and have your assessment adjusted before that deadline date. Once the assessor files the tax revenue package to the state it's too late for you to claim it.
You know what?...that is very complicated. I though Wyoming was the land of the free. Yes, they keep referring to a county tax credit here, so it is very confusing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom