Trekwing wrapping around tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this is a common problem with wings that are not truly designed for single tank usage. I dive singles with my Recwing, and I just cinched down the cord (I think a lot shorter length than how it comes form the factory) and dive it that way. Works for me. Others have suggested things like using another backplate on the opposite side of the wing to sandwich it to keep it from wrapping, but ultimately, using a smaller wing designed for singles is best.

Can anyone help me on how to keep my trekwing from wraping around my tank ,I use a single tank ,I have tied the cord but still wraps around the tank . :confused::confused: :shakehead:

Hi there,

Can you tell me more about the issues the wrapping is causing? Is it affecting your trim and buoyancy underwater (such as making you roll back and forth), etc. I might be able to address the issue, but we cannot eliminate the wrapping, unfortunately.

The Trek wing (and Rec wing) are designed for divers who primarily wear twin tanks and occasionally want to dive a single tank without switching out their wing. The Trek wing will wrap in a "taco effect" around the tank, even with the Gusset Control cinched down.

If this is causing you to roll underwater or feel unstable, you can add Harness Weights to either side of your backplate or TPAC harness. These are excellent for single tank divers to give broader stability across the back and mimic the stability of double tanks.

Ideally, if you dive primarily a single tank you will want a wing designed for single tank diving (the Travel or Venture).

Tell me more and I will try to help.

Best,
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen what the wrapping is doint like you know is trapping air and making me wear more weight than what I want,I usully dive single steel tank and one of the reason why I switch to SS plate was to get rid off weight around my waist. Kathleen much appreciate for the input on the small wing I definitive going to check on the venture wing.Thanks

you're welcome. I think that if you are wearing weight to make up for trapped air, just do what I do: I get vertical whenever I need to dump, and use the shoulder dump valve or LP inflater to release the air. I don't use the lower left dump valve because of the air that may get trapped in the right side of the wing.

Good luck!

Kathleen much appreciate for the input on the small wing I definitive going to check on the venture wing.Thanks

If you're checking out a Venture wing, you might want to check out a Mach V wing.

you're welcome. I think that if you are wearing weight to make up for trapped air, just do what I do: I get vertical whenever I need to dump, and use the shoulder dump valve or LP inflater to release the air. I don't use the lower left dump valve because of the air that may get trapped in the right side of the wing.

Good luck!

I"ll try that this weekend ,Thanks again :thumbs_up:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom